• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Some pics of my current project

treemuncher

Occupation
eatin' trees, poopin' chips
Pete, do you guys do anything special with the equipment when you blast? Long ago when I worked a coal strip mine, at blasting time all equipment was parked on level ground, engines off, park brakes released. Something about shock loads thru drivelines...
I worked a job many years ago where my PC200lc6 was the smallest piece on the project. Lots of 40 ton 6x6 trucks, double engine scrapers and big hoes. It was a landfill expansion between Louisville and Cincinnati. When they would shoot a charge, they had all of the equipment parked and shut off and suggested that I do the same with mine.

It was explained to me that Cat engineers had determined that the shock wave from the blast, travelling through the ground and into the frame of the equipment had, at times, cause the driveshafts of the engines to snap in half while running during a blast. This was most likely with the largest of engines but it was standard protocol to shut everything down for the shot. It also gave me time to watch the process. I do remember hiding behind/under one of those big dumps when a miscalculated shot blew material several hundred feet into the air and blew rocks very close to our location.

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Operating Engineer/mechanic
For me, work continues to be non stop. It helps to be versatile and have an open mind. Working with our mechanics keeps the hrs coming in. I'll operate anything from a 1200 loading trucks to a shovel potholing for utilities. I'm not to proud to do labor work and will run circles around this newer generation of entitled tractor drivers. At times it seems like I get passed around like a red headed step child but I don't care. It pays the bills. The only down side is the miles I drive and the price I'm paying for fuel. With every gallon I buy, I hate 46 and the a$$holes that voted for him a little bit more. Diesel from $3 .75 -$4.39....
46 is the enemy and those who voted him in are the cancer that's killing this world..
But for now, work goes on....20210518_084405.jpg 20210518_084823.jpg 20210518_084813.jpg

sfrs4

Occupation
parts admin
Diesel at 0.82p per liter, we could only wish for that this side of the water, its not been that price over here since the early 2000's we are currently at an average of £1.32 a liter

RollOver Pete

Occupation
On a new site grabbing and getting things ready for the rest of the equipment when it shows. Since this site sets on Indian land, we have an Indian artifacts saver guy, a biologists an a geologist working with me. It's interesting what they find and flag off for further inspection. This interesting little specimen......I'm not sure what if any historical, biological or geological significance it has......but I went around it anyways . Figured I'd leave it for the grade checker to deal with

20210602_123626.jpg

Sanya_Promstal

Occupation
Industrialist
On a new site grabbing and getting things ready for the rest of the equipment when it shows. Since this site sets on Indian land, we have an Indian artifacts saver guy, a biologists an a geologist working with me. It's interesting what they find and flag off for further inspection. This interesting little specimen......I'm not sure what if any historical, biological or geological significance it has......but I went around it anyways . Figured I'd leave it for the grade checker to deal with

View attachment 240136
It looks like a toy from sex shop. Sorry)))

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Its been a while, but little seems to change.
Keep in mind that I'm thankful for my job. I mean I thank God every day. I jump around between wrenching and running anything and everything this company has. But damnit! This is the $hit that I put up with. This particular H20 trk driver... I could give a rats @$$ if you are related to the owner or not. If this were my truck, you'd be down the road a month ago. You worthless filthy slob! Yep, I took a pic and yep, I sent it to the owner. I'm sure that he has no clue as to how you take advantage of the fact that you being related to him means that you can get away with this. I hope he fires your entitled a$$. I'm fairly certain that he wont. Blood is thicker than water. But still... I had to vent.
That is all for now. :)

20210925_071102.jpg