• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Some pics of my current project

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Doesn't seem very big for a 1200 size machine. It appears to need lots of cooling capacity. That bucket is interesting. What good do the bottom pieces do for the digging process?

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Black on Drivers side so can see it as hooks up?

Contrast to the hooked to unit Yellow hook and tail.

Last edited:

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Operating Engineer/mechanic
Doesn't seem very big for a 1200 size machine. It appears to need lots of cooling capacity. That bucket is interesting. What good do the bottom pieces do for the digging process?
I load 50 ton tucks in 3 passes. I don't know if that's good or bad but I usually have enough time to eat a sandwich or smoke a cigarette. The bucket has replaceable wear blocks. They extend the life of the bucket floor by wearing out first. Much easier and cheaper to replace instead of replacing the entire floor.

treemuncher

Occupation
eatin' trees, poopin' chips
Really? Actually has a Work lamp IN the engine compartment?
My Lamtrac came standard with at least 3 compartment lamps. If you're working year round in the northern bush with short days, it really makes sense. It's built in Canada and that's my guess for the reasoning. It also came with an Eberspacher pre-heater which is one of the greatest things ever for cold weather operations. The hydraulic oil heat exchanger is the best thing for getting to operational temps quickly.