• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Snow Cats

Danial Doherty

I know this is probably not the place for this but since its very close to a dozer ill give it ago! lol

Has anyone here ever run a snow cat, groomer, what ever you wish to call it?
Since winter is very slow in my neck of the woods i may head west and try to land a job operating one of these beasts!

Captain Call

Occupation
Operator, Grade Checker
Not too sure about all the resort areas but from what I've heard it's hard to get on around here in Utah.

Muffler Bearing

Occupation
Truck Mechanic
Cat crew is a pretty coveted job, but every year most resorts take on new drivers. But,Since you are already an operator that gives you a head start. I know Crested Butte has a program that lets you pay for a class, where they give you the basic lesson and you get to ride along with groomers. The hardest part might be figuring out where to go. Every resort has a website and a human resources dept worth checking with. The thing to remember is that everything in a resort town is seasonal or temporary and most of the people living and working there are transient, so the point is you just have to be at right place at the right time. Let me know if you want any colorado info.

CascadeScaper

Occupation
2nd year Operating Engineer Apprentice