• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Slow track motor only in reverse.

whallbuilding

HI. I have a case cx16b everything else works great but when i reverse track motors they are slow and have little power.
They are two speed and go forward no problems with plenty of power. if i hold the blade lever up it helps it but only slightly.
I wondered if anybody has come across this before i start striping everything down.
I was thinking it could just be a bit of muck trapped in valve block?
or could it be the two speed solenoid?
hope somebody can help, we are using machine daily due to being busy but want to sort it before it gets worse.
Thanks

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Make sure there is no muck under the pedals. Then I would start checking linkages.

Good Luck!

gaplowboy

Occupation
Truck driver/equipment operator/ equipment mainten
I am about to check out the same type problem on our Cat 312. I was told to look at the relief valves on the motor. The Cat guy told me to take both out and swap them. If the problem swaps directions with it then there is the problem. Not sure if this will work for you, just thought I would mention it.

Adam Z

I have a similar problem on one side of my Kobelco 35. Kind of puzzling, as it only happens on a grade, but never on flat ground.

Adam

scotsboy68

Hi I am new to the forum
i have the same problem on my kobelco sk45 I know it is not a big machine but it is anoying that it happens any help would be gratefully recieved.

nkh111

It may sound like to easy of a fix but like John C. said first make sure there is no dirt or other debris under the pedals. Even the smallest amount of dirt can have a huge effect. I had a similar problem on a 300 Komatsu I was running and after taking the floormat out completely and cleaning years of dirt out it fixed the problem.

jimrr

Occupation
marine engineer/ at sea
well this reply might nix all of you but my old 550 warner swasey goes slower in one direction than the other when i have one of the levers pushed toward the rear of the cab.... no, the book doesn't show it and i have yet to successfully trace the logic of it by the hydralic lines.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
The one way defect is common to the port relief valves try switching the valve,s (On the motor) & see if the issue moves to the opposite directionn.
Kind regards
Uffex

jabbz

Good day
The one way defect is common to the port relief valves try switching the valve,s (On the motor) & see if the issue moves to the opposite directionn.
Kind regards
Uffex
Thanks uffex
I will give it a go tomorrow and see how it goes.

BSAA65LB

Occupation
Retired!
This is a zombie thread……

But, when troubleshooting undercarriage speed issues, don’t forget about the center swivel. Depending on port arrangement, you can have leakage within the swivel in one direction and not the other.

I have seen people waste too much time and money on expensive parts before checking the swivel…l

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Switching the shock valves for the crawler motors. Note removing the valves will open the line to tank draining fluid better be prepared, some valves are sealed with O rings pay particular attention to the condition. See attached.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• Switching ShockValves.pdf
    897.5 KB · Views: 3