• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

skid steer roll over

ShankFarm

Just short of rolling

Big Jake,

Never rolled on completely but, several times flipped one frontward - more scary than real danger reality - Once the heart started agian I realized that a little down pressure would return all to normal

bobcatrg

Occupation
Full Time Firefighter & Excavation Business
There was a small article in the paper here Wed morning. A gentleman in a small town around here, I can't remember where exactly died running a skid steer. It said he was going up an incline with the bucket raised and flipped over backwards. Also not wearing a seat belt.So was partially ejected and crushed. Daily Oklahoman maybe Seminole,Ok? Bad deal!

mark18mwm

always been lucky,several times i should have. worst part is i knew that i could have and still took the chance.

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
three times. two accidents, the third on a dare by the owner of the bobcat.

tackletree

i have seen one roll sideways. everything ok. operator was doing everything right but front tire hit a small sinkhole with bucket 1/4 raised with a small load. Goes to show that it can happen anytime anywhere.

brabe

coworker put a 863 on its nose
smoked for a while but did not seem to damage it
quite an experience

Clayton M

I hate skid steers cabs because theirs one way in and one way out. If something happens to block the exit your in trouble. I am very claustrophobic.

bobcatmechanic

Occupation
bobcat mechanic
put a 864 bobcat on its nose yeah thats a scary feeling going formard and it hurts hitting the front glass when it stops

piv

sorry, I'm lost

I have to post 3 times before I can start a thread? I'm looking for help on an older NH L775. It won't move and everything else works. any help? thanks

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
I hate skid steers cabs because theirs one way in and one way out. If something happens to block the exit your in trouble. I am very claustrophobic.

My Cat 248 has the rear window set up as an emergency escape hatch, probably for that reason. There's a ring you can pull to zip the window molding out so it will push out.

Bully

Nosed a few over, never on purpose. I hate that feeling. :eek: Wheelied a few times, screwing around, nearly dumped it on one (stupid) attempt. :pointhead

bob6104

I'm also needing to post three time so that I can start a new thread... I've never dumped my bobcat but reading these posts I have made a new vow to use my seatbelt!

MAC-EX

:waving

ME, Leased a skid to a pier drilling company. Anyway, was on a good sized spoils pile and got too close to the edge! AND, see ya BROTHER.

Shut her down. Picked her off her side with loader and....viola. Learning experience.

Nother time with a 453 weenie skid. Simply was backing up and ran over a dirt clod...whooomp there she is; on her side.

MAC-EX

I know this is not a skid......but:( (Step-dad's rig)

Attachments

• Milo's oops trackloader (Small).jpg
    Milo's oops trackloader (Small).jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,572

bill onthehill

flopped an old bobcat on its side 35 years ago. Banged my head but did not hurt machine. Used the hoe to set it back up and waited for fluids to get back where they belonged and all was good. was finishing a sloped yard and backed over a clump of dirt with a rock hidden in it. taught me to us seat belts and lap bars.