• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

single axle dump + 20 ton tag weight questions

Georgia Iron

Occupation
Concrete building slab and grading contractor
thanks.

nice rig. that 53 sits way forward on your 20t..... does it wag its tail if it is further back ? I kinda miss my track loader wasn't pretty like your cat but did what i asked of it .

Honestly, I have never pulled it any other way. I guess I could put the bucket flat and back the machine up a bit. The machine pulls really good where it sits. My thought was to keep as much weight on the truck to make sure it stays planted firm on the ground. Also I kind of jamb the bucket into the front metal rail to help keep the machine from moving.

the truck is a converted road tractor with a highway type running gear. Sometimes I kill the Cummings trying to take off in first. Once I shift to high range it will roll. 75 or 80 is no problem. I am still Terrified at steep hills and a load. The guy I bought the truck from told me what ever I do, do not Rev it and let out the clutch in first gear. He Said it would rip the drive
Shafts right out from under the truck. I have found that I must Rev it a little to get it to move.

Still learning the rig.