• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Shopping for a new undercarriage. What do you guys think?

landworksTN

Occupation
Self-employed
Well, it didn't go so well talking to boyd and sons this time like it did when I met them in person. The guy I talked to was an extreme jerk and wouldnt give me time to even tell him what I was looking for. I could tell he was, in a way, hurring me up like he was trying to get off the phone.lol. Our total conversation lasted maybe two minutes before he must have needed to go with a promise that he would call me back the next morning with an estimated cost. That was 4 days ago now, ha ha. Well anyway, im sure there is plenty of companies out there wanting a new customer.

Im interested on pricing a berco and trek full set of undercarriage if anyone knows of a helpful company out there that seems to have reasonable costs. The closer to TN the better although it's not a must since i'll have to be shipping it to me, thanks guys....and gals

bump

VolvoRebuild

I'm one of the parts reps for the Volvo dealer in KY, and I'd be happy to give you a quote for your D4H if you're still needing one. We've been selling alot of V-Track undercarriages the past few years for just about every major brand, but we can get you a good price on Berco parts if you're set on that brand. Shoot me a PM with the s/n of your dozer if you're interested or you can call me anytime at 859-455-6586.

Jason

Scrub Puller

Yair . . . excuse my ignorance fellers but on these pages I have never seen any reference to the rebuilding of rails. Is this a discontinued practice?

On the 21's we used to do it on the turn and when we changed the bushes. I have even put a quarter inch on a Fowler by hand.

Cheers.

Last edited:

ianoz

Yair . . . excuse my ignorance fellers but on these pages I have never seen any reference to the rebuilding of rails. Is this a discontinued practice?

On the 21's we used to do it on the turn and when we changed the bushes. I have even put a quarter inch on a Fowler by hand.

Cheers.

I worked for a mob on the Gold Coast , that had a Submerged Arc welder for rebuilding rails . Also did rollers and Idlers . Talked to the track guy in Bundaberg a couple of years ago about rebuilding rollers . He said cost of Labour made rebuilding no longer viable.