• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Shockit! Tool to loosen and disconnect hydraulic hoses

oceanobob

Occupation
general contractor
For "some reason" I bought a used small 4000# CTL for those little jobs....the undercarriage had some wear and neglect, so it is in the shop along with all the other projects. Getting repaired and adding to the parts bill. LOL

Removal of the drive motor hydraulic hoses for access was required and we were barely able to loosen them using the double open end service wrenches (tight congestion). Box end or flare nute 'crows foot' was useless, a standard open end crows foot slimmed with a grinder did help.

Then with the magic of the internet, these tools popped up.

Made by LTI Milton they are named Shockit.
Like a box end flare fitting crow foot wrench but no square drive: has a shoulder with a shallow hole that the special point chisel from the air hammer fits into.

There are a couple videos on you tube showing applications. The Milton catalog pg 218 shows the various pns to cover the SAE sizes (LT1920 and LT1920XL). I also noted if the tool is LTI sourced say from Summit, the part number is different (LT1900) and the range of the pieces is more likely in the size I need.

Then this: To make the items more tempting, Milton's air hammer is two directional and can be fitted with a tool that is mfg with a flat end that can for example hook under a lip seal and pull it outta the bore. The slide hammer wont be able to smash the skin on the web between my thumb and hand: so sad to keep the slide hammer on the shelf / in the drawer.

~~~~~~~~~
Has anyone experience with these tools? I'm contemplating an order for the LT1900 set and the two way air hammer kit. It is indeed a tough time for the budget, being Valentine's day is imminent.

IceHole

I've cut the hose a few times and used a socket... even had to blow out the fitting with torch once. Not ideal, but made sure to flush it out best as possible before putting it back together

ozarkag

We have a shockit kit, only comes out once in a blue moon. And then works extremely well about half the time. If you can line everything up good so the crows foot doesn't pop off. . .
The job you described sounds ideal for it tho

oceanobob

Occupation
general contractor
Recently obtained a set of Shockit sockets, the Kentucky Kicker (short extension assist), but the bidirectional model 855 gun is being replaced by the 955 model. Might be a month or so....
M2Follow

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
I’ve never seen that tool before but I have used a crows foot socket on my impact gun where space allow.