• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

service trailer

shadow2

i have decided that i am getting 2013 ford f150 fx4 ecoboost max trailer tow crew cab and a 16 foot 8 foot wide tool trailer 10000lbs payload

100 gallon desiel tanks

i was going to put a mill trail blazer air pak. i was trying to figurer out what else i need on the welding and metal working end.

What are the tool that i should have to start to take care of the equiment that we have.

has anybody set up a service trailer before.

thanks for the help

FSERVICE

what type of equipment do u have/need to service?? mostly local service/repair? or outa town jobsites?

shadow2

we have 4 execrator, 5 skid steer loaders, forklifts, 3 550 dump truck, one kenworth 6 wheeler, 2 trailers, and attacment for the mechines.

i am also puting basic wood working and excivation tool on the trailer

shadow2

I have done planes on the lay out of the trailers. A 12 foot trailer fits everything but no room is left. A 14 foot fits it with space to spare.

Is the 12 foot to small to back up

I drive a 35 foot tag along for equipment but I've heard smaller trailers are harder to drive

monster76

Occupation
Contractor
its more of a problem with a single axle vrs tandem axle a single axle trailer will tend to cut alot sharper than a tandem of that length

02Dmax

Are you talking a flatbed or enclosed trailer?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

shadow2

Enclosed cargo gvw 12000lbs

7 x12 or 7x14 for a welding and tool trailer

Carmate

12in on center cross members

02Dmax

Put a heavy workbench in there with a vise. If you build it right you can put your toolbox under it. I'd put a torch in there for sure. And a 2 wheeler for loading and unloading heavy parts. I know you want that trailblazer inside but they are super annoying to listen to in a trailer. I'd build an enclosure for it with external opening doors if possible.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

shadow2

I was putting a miller big blue 400 deluxe
Dynastar 350 tig welder
875 spectrum
25cfm air compressor
100 gallon diesel tanks
Reels for all the Leeds

SchuLace

With what you are talking, go with at least a 3/4 ton. You may think you are good now with what you plan on putting in the trailer but you will always find more thing to put in it. You will love having the extra capacity.

Dualie

towing isn't about power, takes weight to move weight. Otherwise the heavy object usually takes the lead especially on a tag trailer

LT-x7

Occupation
Earth Moving Contractor
The f150 has the same power as the 550

450 hp and 500ftlb

F550 is only 500ftlb?

They may have the same power but the 150 has probably 3.73's or taller, the F550's come with 4.88 or 5.13's. I agree with going 3/4 ton, ford offers a optional 4.30 gear behind the 6.2 gas motor in the new 3/4 ton trucks. If I remember right they rate them to tow something crazy like 16k.

ScottAR

I tow a 7x14 enclosed full of carpentry type tools and a small hardware store pretty regular with an F350 single rear tire. I would not want a smaller truck. Your mileage may vary.