• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Section for komatsu d20,21 and similar grey market dozers

mikek

found a used starter from guy in TX who sells dozer parts on ebay: ktbaugh.

very nice to deal with, guarentees the starter to fit and work well.

has UC and steering parts in stock, plus parting out a D21 right now

oldhousehugger

Found this guy on EBay. Have not done business with him yet but he shows to sell a lot of starter and alternator parts for equipment.
Oklahoma Starter Alternator Parts
okstdr@valornet.com
1-800-336-0769
Lexington OK

R Leo

Ray,
I can't tell if it's a wet liner or bored. The big yellow book is rather incomplete when it comes to the engine's specifics (it does show service such as water pump removal, valve adjustment, etc...); I guess since that same engine is used in Komatsu forklifts and possibly other equipment, there must be a separate manual for the engine.

Sorry I wasn't able to help.
R

PS check PMs

kinglouie63

d31p steering

Hi all, I'm working on a d31p (with no svc manual) the problem is it wont steeron level ground. It works fine on a hill or even if you lift the front end with the blade. all 3 dipsticks under the seat seem to begood ( checked running @ low idle) Any ideas?
thanks Louie

machineman

I took the right side engine compartment panel off my D20P-7 to make some repairs and noticed another oil cap. Is this just another fill port for the engine oil?

siredward20

hey guys, new here, been browsing for a while but now need advise. I have a Mitsubishi BD2G-II (rubber tracked) that I had a track bump off, when it did it seems to have ripped one of the grousers (I think thats what those little peg guides are called) out of the rubber on one side (forward edge looks like it pulled out of the rubber). My plan was to drill holes across the tracks through the grouser and re-bolt the grouser back into place. Will that work? I dont have the cash right now to buy new tracks so I'm hoping for a fix. (although I would love to have some steel tracks, the rubbers dont get nearly the traction I'd like)

JimInOz

BD2G Tracks

Those rubber tracks on your BD2G are useless.....they are more expensive to replace than steel,& only have VERY limited usage.
Rhine equip in Tacoma have steels,or try John at tractorparts.com....he was wrecking a few,I think.
I think there are a few being wrecked in the USA.

In Australia,I can get parts for them

Jim :)

siredward20

yeah, I live about 20 min from Rhine but I dont have the $ for new tracks (or used) so I'm hoping that I can fix these to work for now. I tried drilling through the grouser plate but the metal has been hardened pretty good so I'm not sure I'll be able to do it.

scokat

Track tension

I pulled the dozer out of the barn to do some work and I could not get grease into the right track grease fitting. I put a new grease fitting on but it didnt help. Maybe the arm is stuck. Anybody have any tricks to possibly getting this fitting to accept grease. The one on the other side works great. Can the front idler wheel be moved forward and back someway to get the piston moving?

scokat

Well I put the red torch to the track frame recoil spring assembly after running a hot wire into the assembly. I removed the zerk fitting and grease fitting the zerk screws into. The wire went almost all the way into the piston, so I know there is no blockage. So then I looked at the grease fitting that holds the zerk. I cleaned the fitting out with brake parts cleaner and got the plunger one way seal inside to start working.
I reassembled the zerk into the fitting and attached the grease gun to see if it would work before putting it back on the track assembly. Well low and behold grease shot right through. I re-assembled and started to pump grease, and all of the sudden the grease gun locked on the zerk fitting again, hard as a rock. So once again un-assemble, clean grease fitting and check again. I did this twice, clean, check, then re assemble, with the same results. Maybe half a pump then hard as a rock. So my conclusion is the grease fitting that holds the one way spring loaded valve that holds the zerk fitting has to be bad. Any other Ideas?

Attachments

• DSC00274.JPG
    DSC00274.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 1,719
  • DSC00277.JPG
    DSC00277.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 1,762
Last edited:

R Leo

Did you get your fitting to accept grease? Which way worked the best, a red hot welding rod?
I haven't done anything with it yet...too busy with other broken things. When I finish the job I'm on now, I need to do some PM and I think I'll tackle those blade frame fittings at the same time.