• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Section for komatsu d20,21 and similar grey market dozers

darinray

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner-Equipment & Parts Sales
The serial number that I found under the seat is 06803

Your filter is on the tank on the right side right next to where you would add oil to it. Held on by 4 bolts and you can check that and or clean it. if it's your pump then you could have it check out or at least take a pressure reading off it. Hope you figure it out.

Darin

FurakawaMatt

Regarding Furukawa Matt's postings...
I'm trying to contact any owners of FURUKAWA CT5 & CD5 Crawlers,plus owners of HITACHI DX40/45 Dozers.
I want to get a list of owners & parts compiled,as aftermarket parts are extremely hard to get.
If you want to join the list,send contact details & any parts sources to myself:
dozerparts@gmail.com

Jim
Will you got one supplier of parts mentioned (darinray) and I mentioned the oil, fuel filter and PB. BTW the Dozer I have is Serial number 611-6968 and the engine has S4E on its side and is probably mitsubishi since the dozers ignition key has the symbol stamped on it. As for joining a list, being that you are in Australia it would not make any sense due to distance, but thanks for the offer.

FurakawaMatt

What are you figuring this thing is worth. i might buy it for parts IF the price is very reasonable. :) You can send me a email at dmm@inbox.as if you wish.

Darin
Just to follow up on this, darinray and I did communicate but as of now did not reach a price. Distance to transport can really add to the cost of these machines. Something to keep in mind if someone buys out of State.

dozerdame

Occupation
jewelry artist
Problem solved

Your filter is on the tank on the right side right next to where you would add oil to it. Held on by 4 bolts and you can check that and or clean it. if it's your pump then you could have it check out or at least take a pressure reading off it. Hope you figure it out.

Darin

Darin,
Thanks for the info. I have gotten the problem resolved. You will think I'm an idiot, and you will be right!
I called the Komatsu dealer today and they agreed to send someone out to look at the dozer for free if it was just a problem with low hydraulic fluid. I was sure the fluid was right up there because I had checked it with the dip stick.
When the mechanic got here, he discovered that there was not one drop of hydraulic fluid in my dozer. Turns out that the dip stick is for the transmission fluid. There is a sight gauge for the hydraulic fluid. At least I know that now. Both hydraulic cylinders are leaking, which I already knew, so I will probably have to drop 1K or so at some point to get those fixed. But I can just add more fluid for the time being.
Anyway, they topped me off and it will cost me about $80 for the fluid, so I can get back to plowing my driveway as it is snowing again in northern Michigan.
Sheila

mp0033price

Hi. I'm trying to find out some info. for my uncle who has purchased a dozer. It's a komatsu d20 P-6

How do you find out year? Serial number 68240.

He's looking for a junked dozer of the same make & model near eastern Ky to purchase for parts. Any ideas guys?

How much is average for a decent condition radiator? Any one have one for sale?

anyone have a copy of a manual reasonable. He has a cd, but would prefer a book.
THanks in advance for any replys

darinray

Charter Member
Occupation
It's a 1989 model.

If he has the cd just have it print it off and put it in a binder. That is your cheapest bet. Take it to some copying place with yoru cd.

I would say you could spend up to $500 for a radiator depending on condition. I don't have one for your -6.

mp0033price

;)
It's a 1989 model.

If he has the cd just have it print it off and put it in a binder. That is your cheapest bet. Take it to some copying place with yoru cd.

I would say you could spend up to $500 for a radiator depending on condition. I don't have one for your -6.

thanks darinray!

Glock

Yes i do have your parts and the repair manuals and would need your s/n to confirm. You can contact me anytime at dmm@inbox.as

To be able to remove the steering clutches I would think you would have to take the cab off unless there is room for you to stand at the back and leaning over for a couple hours. :( Send me a pic of the cab setup and then I could tell.

Not the tracks don't have to come off but just have the dozer in the air with proper blocking so you can spin the tracks manually.

Darin

Sent an email to ya but maybe you didn't receive. My serial is :79105, needing repair manual. I will send pics soon to answer if you think clutch could be removed without pulling cab.
Thanks
Thanks

Glock

Sent an email to ya but maybe you didn't receive. My serial is :79105, needing repair manual. I will send pics soon to answer if you think clutch could be removed without pulling cab.
Thanks
Thanks

Here are some pics of machine.
Thanks Darin

Attachments

• IMG00034-20091216-1357.jpg
    IMG00034-20091216-1357.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 972
  • IMG00033-20091216-1356.jpg
    IMG00033-20091216-1356.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 990
  • IMG00032-20091216-1355.jpg
    IMG00032-20091216-1355.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,104
  • IMG00031-20091216-1355.jpg
    IMG00031-20091216-1355.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 999

darinray

Charter Member
Occupation
It looks like the cab has to come off. Too much stuff in the way really. BUT you can try it with it on and maybe it would just take a lot longer to do but would be do-able. :) Keep us posted.

Nice looking machine.

darinray

Charter Member
Occupation
Your looking at $145 delivered. Give me your model so I can make sure it's for your machine.

Darin