• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

S. Madill, Blacksmith, Founded in 1911 in Nanaimo BC

furpo

I wondered if you guys had brought 12440. I had a look over it before it went down to Gizzy. Needless to say Im jelious

SPMiller

Occupation
Operator
427687_10150559029223123_682673122_9355315_578473898_n.jpg

shared

prolog nz

12440 was not on the coast long..

Yeah doug must have only owned it for about a year and a half I guess? He spent abit of money tidying it up in Rotorua before it went down the coast and has spent about the last 6 months parked up down gizzy so it hasnt done much since duncan owned it.

Gotta love it though just so simple to access everything compared to the 23.

prolog nz

I wondered if you guys had brought 12440. I had a look over it before it went down to Gizzy. Needless to say Im jelious

Yeah its not a bad horse aye roger not many options around when it comes to buying a 124 at the moment the only other used one around that I new of was 12423 but justin from JDC bought that machine

GYOP124

I currently run a madill 124 have been for a few years but this particular yarder is having shifting issues in the transmission it wants to drop into second on it,s own and nobody can figure out why was wondering if anybodyelse is having the same problem ?

GYOP124

Generally the problem is random.Sitting at an idle it will shift back and forth on it,s own but downhill yarding conditions depending on the situation it will shift down when there is plenty of rpm for it to go into 4th and always when the grapple is going back out empty. Not all the time it,s been intermittent .Other than that it,s been a great machine prefer it over the 123.

LOGDODGER

I currently run a madill 124 have been for a few years but this particular yarder is having shifting issues in the transmission it wants to drop into second on it,s own and nobody can figure out why was wondering if anybodyelse is having the same problem ?

Try replacing the change down switch on the left joystick, ours done it a while back and it was just a dodgy switch!!

furpo

In addition to checking the switch and wiring have a look and see if the shift ram is working properly. It may have a leak. Might also pay to check that the controller does not shift it back to 2nd when it incounters a fault. The operators manual might have something in the troubleshooting section about that.

Occupation
Running Supersnorkel
Sorry no. The one I worked on was a slackline and had a Gearmatic 3 speed torque in it, and would break an 11/8 choker with ease in low gear

furpo

One for Murk 100

Here is one for Murk. 12009.

This is a resent photo. The machine was imported last year by a guy who really does look after gear well. It has since been sold up North.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 1,194

bushman1

torkelH i think it was you who wanted to know about arcata/simpson 044. the one simpson had in 1989 auction was sold to somebody in idaho.got there and the roads wer'nt wide enough dont know what happened after that. arcata bought theirs from weyco in coosbay it ran a few years in klamath and sold to a rock outfit (Mc something)in hamilton montana at the time the rock outfit had a couple of washingtons.also simpson pre 1989 ran 2 divisions in CA. i remember 044 belonging to southern division logging in 1979? also very old forest industries article when they got first one.

log big

i think there is a 044 in Hamilton Montana still i seen it before not working
maybe i will see it this summer

log big

hamilton 044

i think there is a 044 in Hamilton Montana still i seen it before not working
maybe i will see it this summer