1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

S. Madill, Blacksmith, Founded in 1911 in Nanaimo BC

Discussion in 'Forestry Equipment' started by Contract Logger, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Hallback

Hallback Senior Member

Contract logger and cutter
    If those knucklehead yarder manufacturers wanted to sell new yarders they needed to offer manufacturer financing. Why do they think John Deere and caterpillar outsell all other brands combined? The answer is simple it is because of manufacturer financing.

Skeans1 and John C. like this.
  2. hoechucker

hoechucker Well-Known Member

IMG_20191031_074936.jpg
    Not a bad way to start the day

3. donkey doctor

donkey doctor Senior Member

retired
    Madill used to do financing years ago when it was Madill before Cypress took us over. Don't know quite when it stopped. Maybe when Pat took over from Chuck. I think the financing was a separate entity that Chuck himself ran but I don't really know. d.d.

TorkelH, Hallback and Tugger2 like this.
  4. Tugger2

Tugger2 Senior Member

Id bet it was handshake deals. Things were simpler then.

5. donkey doctor

donkey doctor Senior Member

retired
    Is that ever true. Sounds like you knew Chuck. A true gentleman d.d.

6. Tugger2

Tugger2 Senior Member

I couldnt say i knew him well,but I had met him thru my old employer and he was truly a gentleman .

donkey doctor likes this.
  7. furpo

furpo Senior Member

Sorry to all those from madill who lost their jobs. Hopefully the economy up there is in such a way that other jobs are available.

When I read through posts like these I get a bit down about the general attitude of our industry. Why are we fighting for the right to stay in the dark ages? Get in front of the 8 ball people!

If we are the ones demanding better environmental, safety, economic, etc standards from all facets of the society we do business in then we are the ones in control of our own destiny. Complaining gets you no where!

Just my 2 cents

Roger

8. John C.

John C. Senior Member

Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
    Everyone working in the forestry industry has seen it before. Hopefully all those cast into the wind land in a better position than before.

dirty4fun likes this.
  9. Hallback

Hallback Senior Member

Contract logger and cutter
    Madill hasn't been what it was for years. Let's just accept that they are gone..

John C. likes this.
  10. 1931 kenworth

1931 kenworth Well-Known Member

Hey donkey u are totally rite Chuck was a true gentleman. I remember Bill telling me Madills were delivering a bunch of yarders up the coast for customers and Chuck said to put one more on the barge for some guy in apple river? I think. Maybe u might remember but apparently the contractor had lots of quota with a bunch of old machines so Chuck took one to his camp and he was waving his arms no don't drop it here I did not order it. so the tug operator said nope I got told to unload it here so he phoned Chuck and he said u got lots of wood use it and if u don't like it we will pick it up. He ended up a life long customer of Madills. Those were the handshake deals. LOL Larry

11. 1931 kenworth

Hey Doc just looking thru Bills records and I see the first serial number is 70001 which is sold to Big Island Logging Bedford Virginia has the Euclid Terex carrier they built 4 of them then started with morgan m32 but still used up some remaining terex carriers hope this helps Larry

12. 1931 kenworth

I looked up sn 70045 it says K. Diamond construction Walla Walla Washington M32B Carrier Larry