• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

RT820 drum overhaul help

fungus_01

Hi folks,

I got 2 Wacker RT820's recently to hopefully get one going. The Lombardini engines cost an arm and a leg to work on, so I've converted one (with the worst engine) over to a Predator 670cc from Hobba Flate.
There are still tasks to be done on the conversion; tonight I lit up the spools by touching bare wires together. Everything responded, but forward/reverse would only move the drums a couple degrees. They need to be overhauled.
Does anyone have any information (manuals, videos, blog posts, conjecture) on the teardown, repair and reassembly of the drums/excitors?
Thanks for any help!

fungus_01

By the way, the excitors spun up just fine. The issue appears to primarily be with the drives.

fungus_01

Ok, does anyone know who I could talk to about getting some info? Wacker won't respond to messages and doesn't have a tech support line. Dealers seem to not have any info.