• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ritchie Bros Orlando Auction week of Feb. 21, 2022

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
Careful on the K models. If it has def I’d steer clear. That’s from what I’ve heard in the Deere K series w def. No personal experience. Also look at the track adjustment see if it’s ran out towards the end of the track frame. If it is it’s gonna need rails soon possibly. U can give the s/n to a Deere dealer and they can run it to see the repair history. Most of the time anyway. Good luck.

chidog

With old D8's you can get burned big time (like very expensive scrap metal), most of them are by now very worn out (full of cracks and metal fatigue), but since they are painted gold everyone thinks they are worth it. If your looking for a machine to work and make dollars with old stuff may not be a good choice. If you have a large shop and like to from the ground up restore stuff then it maybe for you.

ianjoub

With old D8's you can get burned big time (like very expensive scrap metal), most of them are by now very worn out (full of cracks and metal fatigue), but since they are painted gold everyone thinks they are worth it. If your looking for a machine to work and make dollars with old stuff may not be a good choice. If you have a large shop and like to from the ground up restore stuff then it maybe for you.
I may put on 500 hrs per year using it on my own property. I want something in good condition with an enclosed cab, heat and a/c, and am willing to pay for a good piece.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
That ad does not claim the hours are correct. It says hours shown on the hour meter. I will note that something sounds bit odd in the video of the Deere in question. I can pick up some ticking sounds that likely should be picked up on the camera microphone. I always have to question an add that does not show any close ups that might answer any real questions. Undercarriages should show idler positions, sprocket teeth, bottom rollers and any leakage points like sprocket seals, pivot shafts and equalizer bars. A photo of the cab and close up of the monitor panel with the key on engine running. A photo of the seat and cab upholstery would be nice. Photos of the implements should show the underside corners of the blade, close ups of the blade joints and ripper linkage joints. Photos should also show what is right about the machine as well.

If you want to sell it over the internet and maximize sale price, you need to provide some real information.

ianjoub

That ad does not claim the hours are correct. It says hours shown on the hour meter. I will note that something sounds bit odd in the video of the Deere in question. I can pick up some ticking sounds that likely should be picked up on the camera microphone. I always have to question an add that does not show any close ups that might answer any real questions. Undercarriages should show idler positions, sprocket teeth, bottom rollers and any leakage points like sprocket seals, pivot shafts and equalizer bars. A photo of the cab and close up of the monitor panel with the key on engine running. A photo of the seat and cab upholstery would be nice. Photos of the implements should show the underside corners of the blade, close ups of the blade joints and ripper linkage joints. Photos should also show what is right about the machine as well.

If you want to sell it over the internet and maximize sale price, you need to provide some real information.
John, if you scroll down in the listing, you can find many more pics. Click on the camera logo in the lower right as shown in this screen shot. Also, every piece of equipment they sell has the same disclaimer on the hour meters.

Untitled.png

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Nice, thanks for the info. I usually only go down to the point of the disclaimers on the headline page.

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
Any more they almost always say hrs showing or “meter reads” I think they do that so they’re not stating the hrs leaves room for liability

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
Good loooing tractor! That’s a good engine series at leas for trucks lol. I think the R series tractors are good ones. No experience though. Good luck