• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ritchie Bros Auction Orlando

hackalot

I've been viewing online the first 4 days of this auction. Relatively new, low hour equipment has been going at some very nice prices.

Tuesday 350 wheel loaders, yesterday over 300 dozers, mostly 2003-2007 year models were sold. Today 400 skid steers; 400 Excavators tomorrow.

took all my will power to stay out of the action. My wife kept walking in my office to make sure I was only viewing & not bidding.

Lot's of equipment going to South America.

tripletree

rb auction

There web site said this should be the biggest auction that they have ever had. I have gone to it for the last two years. It took over a day just to walk around the site. The week before Yoder and Frey has one about 20 miles down the road. There they will let you rent golf carts to ride around the site saves on the legs. Rb has a lot newer equipment but Yoder has lots a new parts from the dealers. It took two years but i found rails and a full set of rollers for our 365. All cat parts and all new. Less than Half the price not a bad deal.

RIrwin

I just got back from there. Went there to look for a truck, but I didn't find the kind of deals I was hoping for. It was fun though. You're right about having to walk a lot. Wish I could've stayed longer, it's about 40 degrees warmer than it is here.

hackalot

Auction results

So what are some of the prices and the machines ?

It will take a week or 2 before they post all the results, when they do I'll recap some items and post them here. Once the item is auctioned you can't see the price until they post all the results.

I've got a lot of scribbled notes that I made as I was watching but would rather quote some actual sales.

I was specifically looking at some 2005 Case dozer 650K models with Orops, 6way bld, std. tracks. I believe there were 5 of them with hrs. ranging from about 1200 to 3200. They went between $26k to $29k.

Cat287B

So what are some of the prices and the machines ?

Prices from Yoder are on line now,you may have to login.
I noticed when they got to all the older D7G's the auctioneers went to speaking Spanish. Up to 46K for a wore out 7G.
Pete

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
You will find the realized sales on Machinerytrader.com.

T_S_S

Occupation
Owner , Total Site Solutions
Just got back from going to Rb, yoder, and deanco auctions. Prices were very high considering the economic situation we are in. A few good deals on the blades at rb towards the end of the day. I saw a handfull of decent deals in the excavator department, loaders were fairly cheap, cat skidsteers and ctls were cheap. No excellent deals. Most things sold at market value.
In regards to the people who were watching on the net, dont believe the hours listed for the machines. Lots of new hour meters and fudged with hour meters.

Deals were much beter last year in my opinion.