• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

residential demolition packages

Wolf

We purchased a 36' Freuhauf Full framed steel end dump for $6200 last year. It works great for the longer hauls to the landfills and for hauling scrap metal. Added an automatic tarp for about $2200. The box was in great shape as it was used to haul dead animals. The frame need some work, but we are taking care of that this winter. We pull it with a Freightliner cab over semi which works great for small jobs that are hard to get to, like going down alleys in larger cities, etc.

What does a good used walking floor trailer cost? Is that an alumiunum box and floor? Thanks in advance.

What kind of dead animals did they haul in that box? Who killed them?

clansing1

Hauling dead animals

I would guess livestock, mostly cattle...

I would say they died by natural causes...

Landworks

Occupation
Owner/CEO
I got behind on of those dead animal trailers the other day while riding my motorcycle. Needless to say, I passed him at the first opportunity. PEEEEW WEEE

heavytorching

Occupation
heavy torching/scrap steel processing
alot of these cheap guys will either lose their butts,or they will end up breaking the contract which could end result in going to court for breach of contract. just keep bidding the way you are and keep track of the ones being demo'd,if not too far away drive by while the demo is being done maybe you can pick-up on some use-ful techniqes? goodluck either way,its all tuff out here.

Excavator759

Occupation
excavator, demolition, site work contractor
after losing a demo package of 4 houses by (believe it or not) $2.00 a house, i got a phone call this morning from a man saying i won a 3 house package in another area. the man was concerned because my bid was less than half the amount of the second highest bidder. What the hell!!! one area you work for nothing and another area i just brought the prices way down. i cant seem to find a happy medium but this is the only work going on around here.

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
to rino1494,
I'm glad your making money, but if I was your customer, or a future customer and I saw those numbers... I'd definatly get a second quote before I gave you the job. You never know who else reads this stuff.