• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Replacing all hydraulics hoses with Cloth protective covering?

JLarson

Occupation
Owner- civil and heavy repair/fab company
OP didn't get spiral wrap protection. He got a fabric covering. I'd like to know how Weatherhead views that or how do they recommend securing the fabric to the fitting.

Lol it's called a joke.

Welder Dave

How about somebody with Cat reusable fittings equipment puts pieces of metal and plastic in the crimp because their non Cat hose is a smaller diameter? How about when it's on the fittings for the main hyd. supply going to the control valve? Had to lay under the machine in 60 litres of oil on soft ground to take it apart and repair it. That's after I wrestled the belly pan off due to it sinking in the soft ground. Hoe stabilizers were down so no way to even pull it out with a bigger machine.

All the machines I've seen new from the factory with the kevlar sleeve have it crimped with its own fittings over the hyd. crimps.

JLarson

Occupation
Owner- civil and heavy repair/fab company
My one rep said crimping fabric under the fitting was a crazy idea.

Welder Dave

It is crazy. The biggest thing to remember when putting a sleeve on a hose is to make it long enough. If it's just long enough with the hose straight it will pull and be short if the hose has to curve.

hosspuller

It is crazy. The biggest thing to remember when putting a sleeve on a hose is to make it long enough. If it's just long enough with the hose straight it will pull and be short if the hose has to curve.

Darn right ...Before I knew better, I left the hose place happy as a clam. A week later the fabric shrank leaving my hose looking like Steve Urkel and high water pants.