• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Rental rates for d6 dozer and hitachi ex200lc excavator. Hourly, daily, weekly, month

soapstoneguy

Thanks for the note. That's about what I was thinking so that definitely helps me out with it. Great to have the support base here when you are breaking into a new area with equipment...so to speak lol

Thanks guys! Tons of great info!

If the renter does damage to the machine then he is responsible for repair. If the machine fails due to age or lack of maintenance its on the owner. The renter is or should be responsible for daily check list , oil , hydraulic fluid , coolant etc, as well as greasing the machine which most renters will not do.

guisep3

Thanks for the note. That's about what I was thinking so that definitely helps me out with it. Great to have the support base here when you are breaking into a new area with equipment...so to speak lol

Thanks guys! Tons of great info!

One major thing I would consider if I were to ever rent my equipment out would be for the customer to provide a certificate of insurance. Sunbelt is self insured so they charge you a percentage of the rate for insurance unless you refuse. Other rental companies I have rented from make me sign a lengthy rental agreement which
Puts any and all damage responsibility onto the customer. And yeast me they will hit you with any and all repairs that they can. I broke a small mirror on a mini excavator and it cost me $175 cause my moron operator failed to tell me.
Point being, I would ask for a copy of the customers coi because Chaves are someone looking to rent equipment that size has corporate insurance.
Hope that helps a bit and good luck bud. Any pictures of your equipment, love to see the cat? !

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
First of all I'm not being snarky but who in their right mind would rent a 50's model dozer and pay anywhere near the rental rate of one 50 to 60 years newer?:confused:

You are in a different area of the country than I with different economic dynamics but that's just hard to wrap my head around.:beatsme

bam1968

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
A few yeears ago I rented a d4d from a neighbor/customer of mine for a couple of weeks to help finish a couple of jobs. If my memory serves me right... I gave him $1000.00 for 2 weeks. I know this is not exactly comparing apples to apples but I think its somewhat of an example of how much less an older machine is worth compared to a newer one that would have prob cost me at least 3 times that. just my .02 cents

Welder Dave

Who's going to want to fix a 50+ year old dozer if it has a major repair? I think renting it out is just asking to be left with a pile of scrap iron if something breaks. Mechanics aren't cheap and finding one with the knowledge to work on an old machine is likely to cost even more. Usually machine rental yards require contractors insurance for the renter and I think some even need a deposit in case something breaks. The excavator is probably a better machine to consider renting but it's 20 years old too so parts might not be sitting on a shelf. How many hours are on the excavator? A lot of things to consider.