• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Rebuilding Deere 1810E scraper

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
I got this Chinese mag drill a few months back, for AU$251 (on special) delivered. I wish I had it years ago.
It has about 180mm (7") drilling depth range, and it had no trouble spinning a 36mm (1-13/32") annular cutter through 50mm (2") high tensile plate.
I drilled 8 holes in two 50mm plates in an easy 2 hours, allowing plenty of cutter cooling time.
The magnet grip strength is excellent, and the unit even comes with a coolant bottle and feed hose into the centre of the driveshaft.
I did break the chuck key handle attachment with my super-strength, though! Nothing that a dab of weld didn't fix! The original weld was only a relatively weak spot weld.

Attachments

• VEVOR-6.jpg
    VEVOR-6.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 14
  • VEVOR-5.jpg
    VEVOR-5.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 14
  • VEVOR-7.jpg
    VEVOR-7.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 14
  • PRESS-PLATES-4.jpg
    PRESS-PLATES-4.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 14

Georgia Iron

Occupation
Concrete building slab and grading contractor
Shimmy1 how where you turning the 1" bolts to apply pressure in your first photo?

Shimmy1

Shimmy1 how where you turning the 1" bolts to apply pressure in your first photo?
Two 1" Milwaukee Impacts at the same time. My figures based on clamping load figures, and assuming only 1000 ft/lbs of torque, conservative numbers suggest we were applying 100 tons, which is in line with what you smart guys are saying won't be enough.th-683929484.jpgth-917276752.jpg

Shimmy1

We are in the process of hanging our 55 ton cylinder. Not much else, we can't get a lance for 10 days, even on Amazon, and nobody around here does it except guys that are 150 miles away, and two weeks out.

I am not going to attempt to torch it out, because even if we get this one I'm working on, we have 5 more to do, and before you start there is 8" stuck in those bores.

Shimmy1

Like the last two inches was the fcuker, and we didn't beat on it much at all, but might have been the problem all along? Maybe 5-6 swings with a 2" punch, and maybe 12-18 swings with a pin the same diameter fitted in the bore as a punch. Maybe since we haven't beat on this other one at all, it will not give us as much trouble. We are going to use the 1" bolts to push like before to get it moving before we try the 55 ton.

Here is the pin.IMG_20240104_131214888.jpgIMG_20240104_131237735.jpg

.RC.

Well that is disappointing. It seemed like we were just getting warmed up here with ideas to get it out. We had not even got started into the "factual" stories of when someone would say a long time ago they were told by their brother in laws how their uncle's, best friends, roommate said about someone who got out a stuck pin using some wacky idea, explosives or something. I thought we would have had another three pages at least.

Shimmy1

Round 2.
IMG_20240104_140357635.jpg
Started it moving with the bolts.
IMG_20240104_140407068.jpg

Put the 55 ton in. Didn't want to move right away. Torch for about 39.5 seconds and we were off the the races. In case anyone is wondering, those plates are made out worn cutting edges for these pans.

IMG_20240104_142339032.jpg

15 minutes later. Obviously the limited hammering we did on the first one just about sealed our fate.

Stay tuned for the next 4. Will be a week or more, have to finish this pan before bringing another in.

Georgia Iron

Occupation
Concrete building slab and grading contractor
Nice ram. Clean the pins up and reuse them. It is amazing that the carraige did not push off the frame. Nice welding. I always seem to need to brace it more off the back side or other arm. I have bent the frame/ boss flange a little pushing off the other side.

Last edited:

Shimmy1

Clean the pins up and reuse them..

The ram is actually a jack that we took the base plate off haha. Like I said earlier, my calculations say that the three 1" bolts with 1000 ftlbs of torque is capable of 100 ton of clamping force.

The pins are scrap. Not worn terrible, but they are only $169 for new ones. The bushings they go in are worn out, and they are almost $400. All three scrapers are getting cylinders resealed, new pins and bushings.