• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Readying for the KW

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
I actually have written down the PPG numbers and the KW paint codes for these, everything I have used have receipts will go with it as it goes away some day.

Tonight went with wife to a Health Trail just before a VFW fish fry
Guy across the street has a yard full of crap and a Yellow B Mack with chrome radiator shroud sitting back in the pile. May get a chance to photo later.
Place its parked at is a barn at 16th and Wein St in Hermann.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
Faceless.jpg Grill.jpg

This was smashed along the bottom where the hinges attach. It is my opinion that it was poor engineering at the factory level. Other GM hoods have a similar hinge arrangement. None have the headlight buckets this close. Note the "wings" on the hinges, 34 extra stainless 1"-12 stainless sheet metal screws & a mountain of extra fiberglass with 1/4" aluminum plate embedded in it.
I ain't fast but I'm good.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
You can't see aluminum fabrications behind the non vent portion of the grill. They carry stress at hinges to further up in the structure. Bolt heads (stainless) are hidden behind the dummy panels outboard sections of the grill.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Nasty week so far. Dentist visit yesterday, hour and half then numb mouth for two after. Today had the only Motorcycle appointment could scrape up, NOBODY has decent or numerous techs to get anything done. Independents used to use all retired or closed up same issue of No help, two closer dealers, one 67 miles one 62 and neither had opening until today for the 67 mile ride to Columbia MO, the other one stated December EARLIEST. Left at quarter to 9, 28 degrees leathers and long handles on, bike serviced came home 37 degrees so still cool on the highway but at least sun well up.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Visit today, Labparamour showed up got the Grand Tour, great visit. KW Purred like a kitten after sitting these last colder days. Really enjoyed the visit, enjoy as much putting faces to names. Great guy staying at his kids south of here.
Primer did not show up until late, driver was taking his time for some odd reason today so no progress other than grease/oil wipe down earlier.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Three full coats epoxy primer
One quart with hardener, gets sprayed raw no reducer 2:1, hardens almost as fast as laid down. Be ready for paint in hour or two as cool as is.

All the flaws stand out and are gonna stay, I will not ever attest to being a body man.
D0E637D0-5919-4E76-BB15-FBABFF0A09D7.jpeg
4C9E874D-1239-43E2-857F-9BA95DE6A8EB.jpeg

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Only gets MORE Fun. Our pup Odie fell off the bed the other night have him on tramadol to keep pain down, sluggish and ungainly may have a swollen spine issue, and just a few minutes ago came in from peeing, carried a yellow jacket in his tail and stepped on it. Now favoring Rt Rr foot. Vet said break a 25mg Benedryl in half and try to get that down, ain't working.