• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Readying for the KW

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Have just enough if he can be here before lunch tomorrow!!! Does have Onion in it so not so good for pups.

Back to work on the Blue Beast this morning, see what else can disassemble awaiting parts or find to fix.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
After it today, figured out how to get my hand into the clutch return spring area, needs one as this broken one is corroded where I will not re-end & reinstall. Pulled throttle, have all the spacers clean but gonna need bolts and floor gasket. Pulled Right Seat(Jump Style on a box) and cut away floor matting, underpad still wet after all the time in shop, Box base is crap. Need to pull shift boot and driver seat next, base section also trashed, brake pedal is off until get carpet and underpadding installed, two of three throttle spacers will be installed prior but throttle will set off, need new pivot pin(Plastic). Did find $1.12 in change!!

IMG_8938.JPG IMG_8941.JPG

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Going to have hairline welded up on Hydraulic Tank end of R Fuel Tank refit the Cover Plugs and keep. Any recommends on TIG filler rod or will 4043 Mild Aluminum be fine? I have no intention of Restoring Hydraulics but tank will remain on machine with the PTO drive(Have Seal and Gasket Kit for that). And yes I am aware the SS Step threshold is corrosion lifted, not a interference so may just remain that way.

Attachments

• IMG_8939.JPG
    IMG_8939.JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Truck Shop

Better check clutch pedal cross shaft bearings in column frame. Easy to get to behind center dash but a slight pain in the ass to change.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
No lateral play and no longitudinal play, were a Bit 'Dry' when got behind dash a little spray lube and smoother, linkage below cab seems a bit excessive!!!

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Little wife made dinner tonight
Dirtied a mound of dishes for a favorite
Ham and beans!!
Corn bread with Jalapeños and Can Corn

How about posting a recipe for that corn bread with Jalapeños? There is a Rib joint near hear that has that but think they are closed down for the virus. Would like to make some for myself!