• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Radio Controlled Dozer

Tigerotor77W

Occupation
Engineer
I had to laugh out loud, here we were, surrounded by the real thing for a 1/2 mile in all directions and the busiest booth is the one selling toys.:yup

It's because secretly, we're all kids! :naughty

Okay, well I'm kinda still one. I still play with scale models. :lmao

Last edited:

iceberg210

As my girlfriend says.
"I'm not in touch with my inner child, I am my inner child!"

Anyway I had a remote control New Bright excavator when I was a kid that worked great. However as they all say the older the boys the bigger their toys so I enjoy running a Takeuchi TB25 and an American instead. But its always fun to play with the old tonkas too from time to time.

CAT245ME

Occupation
Cat 972H Loader operator
That little komatsu is definatly on my wish list, remindes me when I was a kid I got a new bright RC Cat D9L dozer, man it was big, it was 19" in lenght from the blade to the end of the ripper (4bbL m.s), 9" high and the blade was 9" wide. It had a oil tank on it so smoke would come out of the stack, I put a lot of hours on it, worked it in sand to rock, I still have the dozer but it sits on a shelf waiting for a major overhaul.:yup :bouncegri

greenie

Occupation
operator
that thing is definatly cool!! gardentrucking.com has a pretty nice 950g remote control for sale but pretty pricey.

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Operating Engineer/mechanic

MKTEF

Occupation
Production manager
Remote controlled dozers isn't new.:D

Today our 1994 Liebherr 742 was transported to the auction site.(30t 62000lbs) Will be auctioned next month.:)
It is equipped with a radio controll, i've got one u hang on your stomach.

Put the gas to max, security handle down, ignition to 1, push the R/C button and close the doors.
Then u start/stop it from the remote and controll everything from there.
Forward/back, blade and ripper.

We also got one 731 Liebherr dozer with the same equipment.

Real nice when u park it with the other stuff, leave it for a couple of hours, invite some locals for a demo....(open day for example)
Hide in the bush, when u start it with the remotecontroll.:D

Some locals have been very close to a heart attac when it fires and nobody is inside...

But, its history now.
Was equipped that way to be able to clear minefields, with the operator at a distance.
And by the way, we got a Volvo L120 with R/C too.(In our shooting range)
Then we talk about big toys...

MKTEF

Occupation
Production manager
The local Liebherr dealer suported us with it.:)

The liebherr got electronic controlls of the hydrostatic drive.(linde pump and motors)
Then u only need some solenoids on the blade and ripper blocks.;)

A box 1x1x1 feet aproximately on the right side of the dozer, with some electronic boards inside, thats all.

A German produced controll system that can be used for many aplications.
I'll take some pics tomorrow of the controll, and see if i find something of the dozer showing the controll system.:cool:

It spent the last year outside, in my "scrap" area.(I got new Komatsu ones)

Dozer575

Banned
Occupation
Machinist and occasional pt Dozer oper
I'm talking about the cute little R/C D575 dozer at the begining of this thread.

dirtpusher9

Occupation
blademan
I'm new here and was just wondering if the Komotsu dozer was on the market yet?

hammerdwn20

Occupation
pipeline
they have 2 videos of the series on their website. 1/50 scale. dont look very strong but the movements are realistic