• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Radio Controlled Dozer

Jeff D.

I wonder what a little machine like that costs?

It would be even cooler if they added some "squeaks and clicking" sounds to it while it moves.:yup

Orchard Ex

Super Moderator
I wonder what a little machine like that costs?

It would be even cooler if they added some "squeaks and clicking" sounds to it while it moves.:yup

And some smoke from the exhaust!
Anybody remember the little drops of oil that came with your train set that you'd drop in the smoke stack to make it "look real"?:thumbsup
(or should I say "will anybody admit to remembering...")

Jeff D.

And some smoke from the exhaust!
Anybody remember the little drops of oil that came with your train set that you'd drop in the smoke stack to make it "look real"?:thumbsup
(or should I say "will anybody admit to remembering...")
I can remeber the unique electric motor smell (ozone burning :beatsme )that came from the trains and race car sets.:yup I've never really smelled that smell anywhere else. Does that count?

Woodstock

I want one!!! :yup I am only 27 and when I was a kid I used to have a cat dump truck and an excavator the you put oil in and they blew smoke.

ConstSite

Occupation
Construction
"I want one..." Ask and you shall recieve.

This is from the Japanese site, but the D575-A3 SD is due in the States at the end of January. The PC1250 and HD785 will follow shortly after. All are 1:50 scale with some neat looking controls. The D575-A3 SD will be around $120.00. Google these and you will find a lot of images.

http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/products/rc/lineup.html?minor_group_id=1&maker_id=186

- Christopher

garyhh44

Occupation
Truck mechanic Retired
:) Want one of each have money will spend . I can't read japnaese.

Last edited:

xkvator

Hmmm.......My daughter is going to have a baby boy around May

if i get him one of these...it will be a little while before he can play with it..........so i will:bouncegri

Tigerotor77W

Occupation
Engineer
Chris -- good link!

And Wulf, I gotta admit, that's pretty nice. The Bobcat T190 RC model can't push $(@#. If the thing is on ice, it'll spin the tracks, but if it's really got some good footing, the gears inside the unit slip.

If anyone has ideas on how to make it a better pushing unit... :D

Okay, sorry, back on topic, that's a really neat model. Works really well!

Lashlander

I was in one of the halls at Con-Expo in Vegas in 99 when I came upon a booth that was just malled by people. I thought I'd better check it out and see what was going on. I probably spent close to 1/2 hour getting up to it to see what was going on and it was a booth selling all sorts of remote controlled and diecast toys. I had to laugh out loud, here we were, surrounded by the real thing for a 1/2 mile in all directions and the busiest booth is the one selling toys.:yup

jazak

I always like RC stuff. Lets just hope these are heavy enough to actually push dirt.:bouncegri

JDOFMEMI

:thumbsup Wow. I have to get all of those. I can hardly wait. :bouncegri

It will be like being a kid with a new toy.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
When I was little I got a RC excavator for my birthday. I can't remember the brand but it was pretty well built for $45. It wouldn't dig dirt but it would dig sand very easily. It weighed about 15 pounds and was probably about 18" tall and 12" wide. It would easily dig 10" into the sand.

I used to dig trenches with it but even at the age of 7 I always kept my tracks perpendicular to my work. :bouncegri

Countryboy

Occupation
I had to look here to figure it out cause I still don't know how to spell it. :bouncegri

Jeff D.

When I was little I got a RC excavator for my birthday....
I used to dig trenches with it but even at the age of 7 I always kept my tracks perpendicular to my work. :bouncegri
And in the wintertime, when it was too cold outside for young CB too play, "Mittens" the housecat had the displeasure of reburying all that had been excavated from the litterbox........er, jobsite.:bouncegri

Countryboy

Occupation
I always wondered where all those boulders in the sand came from.......:naughty