• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

R9800 working and transport pics

Gavin84w

I'm heading to leibherr in perth next month and when i had my interview late Decmber they told me they have 152 R9800 on order plus loads of 996's plus a pile of there dumpers as well.
Hope that helps chriss.
Jason

There HR dept is obviously well in touch with the industry, 152 R9800, impossiible. Since the advent of 800 ton class machines Hitachi may have 20 in the field and Komatsu 50. To have the new player in the market class wise with 152 machines on order when they have maybe 4 in the field i am very doubtful of the number you have been quoted.

heavyplant6

Occupation
h/d fitter
Thats what the director of the company said they had on there books over the 3 years, it might of been everthing but there shipping me and 4 others this year just to build the 9800's. They have 3 other teams already just building them and are still looking for more people so they must have a good sales team! lol

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Thats what the director of the company said they had on there books over the 3 years, it might of been everthing but there shipping me and 4 others this year just to build the 9800's. They have 3 other teams already just building them and are still looking for more people so they must have a good sales team! lol
or be good bull****ters ........... they must be looking for some cheap labour because all I ever came across before building large Liebherr shovels was Frenchmen. Or maybe the Frogs don't go down well in Oz.

Zed

Maybe the figure is 152 total machines on the order books?
I know there are a couple of 9800's, 13 996's and numerous smaller machines on the order books just for Indonesia.

If your building lots of machines you can expect a frenchman or 2 at some point.

alco

That was my thought on the issue as well Zed. I figure the 152 was a total number of orders, including 9800s, 996s, and so on, and so forth.

Doesn't make much sense that they would have 152 orders for one machine in that size class, when I doubt there are even that many machines that have ever been built in that size class combined.

lozenger1967

busy busy

I might be going to, got medical on bank holiday monday of all days,put me forward for mount thorley or brisbane on build team,or may be they just tell you this to keep you keen, iv heard of lads which went on build team in africa etc went to the factory in france to get familiar with the machines,
If thats the case while the visa's being sorted why dont they send the lads who are going to oz to France,[on the pay roll of course]?

KMM4x4

Good excavator! In Russia of such excavator if I am not mistaken isn't present.

RayF

Occupation
lineborer/welder
I've been to that mine a few times when they got their first 996's. Have they still got Hitachi's digging there?

Lagwagon

Typical pr dramatic machine video, what they failed to mention was the 2 months of constant breakdowns post commissioning due to gremlins in the 4000 electrical connections, cabling, sensors etc….awesome machines and stout as they come but way over complicated.
once up and humming that thing should be able to move 60,000t in a 12hr shift with the right conditions and operator.