• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Question for CT people about a s/a dump?!

THEPATRIOT

I see many six wheelers advertised for 35K GVW.I'm looking at an old Autocar single axle dump with 24" rubber.I was told the bigger trucks like that could be reg'd for 40K.Anybody know about this?Any help would be great,thanks!
ACDMP.jpg

denver m farms

Occupation
Farmer/cattle buyer/ construction/excavating
Sorry, just thought of what ct stood for, guess it would be hard for me to help.

Vtgreg

I see many six wheelers advertised for 35K GVW.I'm looking at an old Autocar single axle dump with 24" rubber.I was told the bigger trucks like that could be reg'd for 40K.Anybody know about this?Any help would be great,thanks!
ACDMP.jpg
GVW and GVWR, have complete different meanings. GVW is the max you can cross the scale at for THAT vehicle. GVWR is the max combined weight of truck and trailer. "R" = registered. See Kgmz's post # 4 for axel weights and max weights for a given length between axels.

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
ACDMP.jpg

Nice TRUCK !

Old but Nice and old ……. split rims ? tubed tires? better take a look at the individual tire ratings X 6 = …that'll be your max is what i'm thinking

mitch504

GVW = Gross Vehicle Weight= what it weighs
GVWR= Gross Vehicle Weight Rating= the max the manufacturer says it can weigh

GCW = Gross Combination Weight= what the truck and trailer weigh
GCWR= Gross Combination Weight Rating= what the manufacturers say the truck and trailer can weigh

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
GVW = Gross Vehicle Weight= what it weighs
GVWR= Gross Vehicle Weight Rating= the max the manufacturer says it can weigh

GCW = Gross Combination Weight= what the truck and trailer weigh
GCWR= Gross Combination Weight Rating= what the manufacturers say the truck and trailer can weigh

YUP YUP YUPPP !!!! ….. I'll second THAT !!!!