• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

qballs wheel of jobs

Deere9670

Occupation
Farm equipment operator
hey qball was that ur crew on the news that rescued the dog outta the sewer? I think i seen ya at 10 on abc! said the out fit was lamp.

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
naw, wasn't us. i did save an 88 yr old lady from driving into our trench. she only had to drive pase 3 type 3 barriers and around my loader. i could see how she might have missed us.:)

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
Care to elaborate?

sure, i got the call from the hall at 9am. i told the hall i was 2 hours away:D
stopped for breakfast on the clock cause they had to pay me from 6 30 am. i would feel guilty but they got caught with a labor on the loader. steak n eggs at 42 an hour:drinkup

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
mr founder, i only screw a contractor as hard as the contractor screws my brother operators and myself.

dayexco

mr founder, i only screw a contractor as hard as the contractor screws my brother operators and myself.

which is why i run a non union shop...i pay as well as the local does, but don't have to put up with the mentality that contractor's are only out to screw it's employees....my dad said years ago, an employee is nothing more than a tool...the good tools, you take damn good care of, the crappy ones, you get rid of. some might feel slighted on being called a "tool"...but in reality, contractor's themselves are tools....repeat customers want us because we're a good "tool"....if we're no good, we don't get called back.

wormkiller

Occupation
IUOE Local 150
which is why i run a non union shop...i pay as well as the local does, but don't have to put up with the mentality that contractor's are only out to screw it's employees....my dad said years ago, an employee is nothing more than a tool...the good tools, you take damn good care of, the crappy ones, you get rid of. some might feel slighted on being called a "tool"...but in reality, contractor's themselves are tools....repeat customers want us because we're a good "tool"....if we're no good, we don't get called back.

This works well in the Dakotas, but in the wonderful area in and around Crook county, everybodys trying to scew everyone else. What else is a poor operator to do but union up. Brother Q was within rights, the contractor had already put a laborer on the machine. If I lived in your neck of the woods, it looks like I'd be lucky to work for Dayexco. Everybodys gotta do what works best wherever they may be.:soapbox

dayexco

i have ZERO proablems with a group of people organizing to negotiate better wages/benefits...i do have a problem w/them having the capability of shutting my job down if we can't come to an agreement. south dakota is a right to work state, so i haven't had to deal w/strikes, etc....again, i'm not beating up on any union people here. i just think they shouldn't be able to take away my right to choose, just as though they have the right to choose whether or not they want to work for me.

SKOAL

ahh crapola another thread on the unions iam a firm believer in breakfast ummm pancakes btw what do you pay a top employee in dakota and feel free you to offset it with the price of a house such as 50 hr = middle class shanty 300000 to 500000

Last edited:

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
my nthread, my pro union crappola, i guess. i am not cramming union down anyones throat. i have benifited greatly from MY union experience. this is chicago, not nyc, not north dakota, not arizona. i was brought up in a union family and was well fed:) we are just b.s.ing and if it offends or annoys don't read.

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
Um....
Bad answer :popcorn
:cool:

pete, i respect you as a wordsmith and an operator. what should i say? i am a stubborn and hard headed person, i can't fight every argument. what should i say?:beatsme

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
I'd suggest you not say anything at all. Regardless of who starts threads around here, they must still meet the posting guidelines. Your crapola is getting a little old around here and unless it comes to a screeching halt, you'll find yourself very quickly on the outside looking in.

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
steve, i enjoy and respect your forum. i just don't understand what i have done here. i know i am a smart ***, i always have been one, but aside from the thing that got me banned before i have steered clear of insulting anyone. my views on jobs and unions are not forced upon anyone, they work for me but i have always stated they aren't for everyone. aside from a little innuendo with the captions for my pics i really can't see what i have done to annoy you? we would probably hate each other on the job but make great drinkin buddies.

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
hellz bellz. we put in 15.5 hours doing a 16" tee. 15.5 hours on a it 28 with a flat left rear tire and a totally shot seat. i earned my keep today. i am very glad to be working, givin the economy. i always hated o.t. now, greedy to the core.

nedly05

Dayexco, I think thats great that you can pay that well, and you are obviously an excellent business man! As an aspiring business owner myself I am wondering how much you have to charge your employees out at to pay this well? or do you bid the job for a price and keep it high enough to cover this cost? Feel free to PM if youd rather. I would like to be able to pay this well one day!