1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Powerscreen powergrid 800

Discussion in 'Screen/Wash Plants' started by kevink, Apr 29, 2013.

1. kevink

kevink Well-Known Member

Has anyone on here had much experience with powerscreen powergrid 800s. We purchased one but it dosent seem to shake as much as I think it should is there anything to check. Thanks in advance

2. Esfoder

Esfoder Active Member

Ready-Mix concrete /Sand and gravel producer
    I have kind a love hate deal with powerscreen equipment. When it works it's fine but when it goes down might as well make your own parts for it as the factory and dealerships are worthless. What are you screening with it??

Dusty

3. kevink

kevink Well-Known Member

Screening road base works desent just seems to shake alot less than any other screener I have run. Material builds up alot .

4. Esfoder

Esfoder Active Member

I have a 1400 turbo chieftan. I rented a similar machine one time but it was a finlay. The red power screen and it did the same thing. Had to be carefull when loading it and the smaller screen size the worst it got? Yours has the grizzly and a screen deck under it right?

5. kevink

kevink Well-Known Member

Yes has the grizzly and screen deck under it, Hope it wasnt a poor choice in buying it, manufacter says up to 600 tph im thinking more like 6 tph still working on it just wondering if anyone had trouble with one before.

6. Esfoder

Esfoder Active Member

Yeah not too sure about 600 ton either? Packing that much to and from the machine might be prety tough.

7. JDOFMEMI

JDOFMEMI Senior Member

600 tph???? They must be dreaming. In near ideal conditions you might get 300, and 200 is more realistic. That is when everything works right. Does it have adjustable weights on the screen eccentric? If so, it may be missing some, or they are adjusted too close to center.

8. kevink

kevink Well-Known Member

Will have to check the weight setup never thought of that appreciate the help

9. grandpa

grandpa Senior Member

Kevink,,,, before you go changing the weights if its possible, tape a piece of paper to the side of your screen box, then with the screen running, stick a pencil to the paper, hold the pencil as stationary as you can. This will give you the pattern that the screen is actually running. It will also show you which direction the screen is throwing your material ( I've screens running the wrong direction). Save this as a baseline if you do any adjusting , you can compare the baseline paper to any change's you made. IE. rpms,, stroke,, height and more. Hope this make's sense to you..... Grandpa

10. Esfoder

Esfoder Active Member

Yep good advise. I do the samething just minus the paper. Not to sure that machine can run backwards. Hydralic motors are tougher to plum backwards than electric motors but good idea to check.

Dusty

11. grandpa

grandpa Senior Member

I have a Fab Teck hydraulic plant.... the screen box rotation can simply be reverse by putting the control lever the other way ;)

12. kevink

kevink Well-Known Member

Excuse my stupidity but wich way should it shake towards were the rock feeds off or opposite.
    Thanks in advance

13. Esfoder

Esfoder Active Member

Hmm did not have that on mine. Should roll down hill.

Dusty

14. grandpa

grandpa Senior Member

Kevink As soon as you make your throw pattern sheet, the light will turn on and you'll be able to answer your own question......:D

15. JDOFMEMI

JDOFMEMI Senior Member

Grandpa
    Good advice on the paper. I learn something new all the time here.

16. grandpa

grandpa Senior Member

We all do,,,, when were old enough not to learn anymore, the undertaker makes a living. :angel

17. kevink

kevink Well-Known Member

Tried the sheet of paper grandpa the light did come on, gonna check with the manufacter and see on the pressures looks to be working correct thanks for all the help.

18. grandpa

grandpa Senior Member

No problem... but your issue's still aren't solved.... could be pressure's , might also be engine rpm, but a call to the manufacture will at least get you on the right track.... proud to see the light come on too... :drinkup

19. Garrie Denny

Garrie Denny Senior Member

see above
    That's why they invented Grandpas.

20. grandpa

grandpa Senior Member

Grandpa's are made like diamonds...... time + pressure :D