• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pipeline Thread

JDOFMEMI

Thanks for the explanation guys.
It makes much more sense now. I was looking at the picture and thinking that all the cats were going to be at the top, but now I understand that they will be spread out down the slope with a couple of them still on the flat at the top.

EGS

Occupation
Local 139 operator
Only thing I can think is it must be a cost plus contract. Wish I could get one of those , and with an owner that likes to waste money like that.

Jerry most pipeline projects are cost plus contracts, some smaller projects are by the foot.

Sure would be nice if grading projects were that way.:D

DPete

If it's steep like that will they assemble and weld the pipe ( assume it's steel) on top and carry it down in lengths?

EGS

Occupation
Local 139 operator
If it's steep like that will they assemble and weld the pipe ( assume it's steel) on top and carry it down in lengths?

It depends on the situation, but yes.

They will tie all the sidebooms together and down they go.

JDOFMEMI

Jerry most pipeline projects are cost plus contracts, some smaller projects are by the foot.

Sure would be nice if grading projects were that way.:D

Well, that explains how they always have the brand new iron on the pipeline jobs.

9420pullpan

also this project is exposing and testing the existing pipeline. Mainly b/c of the additional volume of gas being piped into it.

DPete

I'm with Jerry on the new iron, I gotta be in the wrong biz :D . Thanks for the pics Pullpan

EGS

Occupation
Local 139 operator
I'm with Jerry on the new iron, I gotta be in the wrong biz :D . Thanks for the pics Pullpan

Dan believe me pipelining will drive you to drink, but it sure pays good.:)

You get to see some interesting things and people.

roddyo

Occupation
Manipulator of the Planet
Dan believe me pipelining will drive you to drink, but it sure pays good.:)

You get to see some interesting things and people.

Interesting People. :pointhead

Yea, that's one way to put it.:D

Pretty neat seeing the John Deere Side Booms.

I been hearing it's hard to keep the nose of the High Tracks down in the rough stuff. I guess next we will see an Electric 572. :notworthy

JDOFMEMI

Interesting People. :pointhead

Yea, that's one way to put it.:D

Pretty neat seeing the John Deere Side Booms.

I been hearing it's hard to keep the nose of the High Tracks down in the rough stuff. I guess next we will see an Electric 572. :notworthy

After running the D-7E dozer on a demo, I think you would be hard pressed to ever find a better machine to make a Side Boom out of. The control is great, and you can go from creep to fast forward seamlessly. Positioning would beat anything on the market.

9420pullpan

i'll tell you what today i saw sidebooms from 700J to a 1050 and a 572B2 along with (3) 583T's today. It is picking up around here, getting crazy!

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
I seen mostly JD sidebooms on the local job here. A friend of mine has been asking in I'm interested in going to work for the pipeline. The pay is good, but I'm not sure how stable the work is.

rshackleford

i had a guy come in to the shop yesterday said that if he wanted to move equipment to pa he could start tomorrow.

we never did see a slow down here in north dakota and montana.