• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pictures of your Backhoe!!!!!

Joe G

Occupation
Sales Rep.
Mine is not as nice looking as you all ones are but with some cleaning, seal leaks fixed some pins and busings and some paint I will be looking better, it runs great and several new hoses on it, hope for the best in what I think that is wrong, it won't move forward or Reverse, worked on one 25 years ago and it was that small gear in the rear end that was broken, sure hope it that or something simple, or she will kill me, got it for 1,500
BackhoeatParkersHouse2010.jpg

DGODGR

Plenty of good looking machines around here, old and new. While they all do essentially the same job it's pretty cool to see how many different ways there are to skin a cat. Hopefully I can figure out how to get a few pics of my iron up here.

Check the forum rules. You need to have certain amount of posts before you can upload. You may already have enough.

diggerdave1958

Hey, Joe G there is nothing wrong with that Case 580B they where very good machines in there day and still are, and u got a great deal at 1500 and please keep us posted as to how the rebuild goes.

Joe G

Occupation
Sales Rep.
DGODGR, I will check the rules and will do better, thanks.

diggerdave1958, I had a friend of mine that bought one new in 1976, still has it and spent almost nothing but maintaince on it, he had one of the hands that broke a gear in the read end hope that is all this one is, it sure runs good, good tires and looks like after playing with it a little there is a lot of play in the shift on top of the transmission, hope it just fork wear, but going to find out soon, hope start tear down a few weeks, love this group, Joe G.

CumminsTD

Occupation
Hydroelectric Turbines
Here's some pics of my 310C and a pic the thumb I recently picked up for $300 on CL. The thumb itself looks like an Amulet (not sure if it is) but the way it pins onto the bucket and boom is different than what Amulet sells now. The thumb was advertised for a 210C so there must be enough similiarities between the two machines since it fits mine.

Also, a pic of the dumper, 1970 F600.

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_6118.jpg
    IMG_6118.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 2,545
  • IMG_6120.jpg
    IMG_6120.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 2,532
  • IMG_5325.jpg
    IMG_5325.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 2,483

Gravely Guy

Here`s a picture of our new to us 1971 MF50 TLB as I was bringing it home last weekend on the only cool and rainy day we`ve had over the past two weeks. I`m going to use it to build our house, garage, swimming pond, drive way, landscaping, and what ever else the wife can think of!

Tom

Attachments

• 1004170037.jpg
    1004170037.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 2,186

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Here`s a picture of our new to us 1971 MF50 TLB as I was bringing it home last weekend on the only cool and rainy day we`ve had over the past two weeks. I`m going to use it to build our house, garage, swimming pond, drive way, landscaping, and what ever else the wife can think of!

Tom

tom may we see some more pictures of the tbl please?......

Gravely Guy

Of course you can! The tractor is two hours away, but here a few more that I have. The first three (with the snow) were taken in early March 2010 at the farm where I bought it.

If anyone needs anything specific for a restoration let me know as this machine appears to be original. The backhoe is a model 52A and the loader is a model 300. The tractor has a Perkins AD4.204 four cylinder diesel and reverser transmission. Even with 5000+ hours on her, this machine runs strong. The only issue is the engine has an oil leak at the front and back.

Tom

Attachments

• Bought-03.06.10.jpg
    Bought-03.06.10.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 2,155
  • 1003060001.jpg
    1003060001.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 2,120
  • 1003060003.jpg
    1003060003.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 2,128
  • 1004170036.jpg
    1004170036.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 2,120

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
That would be a 4-203 engine they were sold here as a "40" and the 50 had the 212 engine.
The splines on the hydraulic pump drive shaft have a habit of failing with out warning and when it happens requires a pump replacement and drive shaft also,this problem continued right up to the 60hxt which was the last model I had anything to do with.
Keep the lower bearing on the rear king post greased (where the back hoe swivels) because if the bearing gives grief the slew pot can soon follow.... Well wear with it if you give it a bit of TLC she will last a life time.OOOO! yea the steering was a pia as well give it loads of grease, specially the drop shaft.

Last edited:

daman

Occupation
Agriculture,Truck Driver,Mechanic
Nice looking MF :drinkup

i bought 1975 industrial TLB 4500 with 2234 hrs in great shape few years back to have around the house for projects,she's a good ol girl strong hydraulics no leaks everything works like it should even the electronics only thing i needed to do was have the injector pump rebuilt and i replaced all the fluids and filters,few welds here and there but nothing major,she's old but digs like hell.

has the 201 ci 3 cyl diesel that runs like new uses no oil factory installed ROPS and has the two lever 740 loader and the four lever 15' 755 hoe.

all original paint and sheet metal also, she's retired living a pampered lifestyle now.:D

Attachments

• Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 2,069
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 2,074
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 2,135
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 2,089
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 2,075

diggerdave1958

Hey, daman that a nice looking 4500 you have there, good ones are getting pretty hard to find now a days, seem to me most of the old 4500 i have seen the loader buckets are pretty beat up and yours looks to be in pretty good shape.

daman

Occupation
Thanks,Yea it has one repair on the left side but it's nothing bad they did a good repair on it the rest of it in great shape.

Rally_Action

The new (to me) 89' JCB 3CX.
I know a lot of you guys aren't so keen on the JCB's however they are pretty popular machines in Oz and this one came up for the right price and we were able to trace the history and maintenance.
4WD, 4 in 1, flip over forks, Side shift, extend-a-hoe, all glass good, A/C & heater, starts first turn of the key.
We need to look at some pins on the hoe in the near future and the main boom cylinder weeps oil, however is in very good shape for the age.

Attachments

• 3CX (2).jpg
    3CX (2).jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 2,010
  • 3CX (3).jpg
    3CX (3).jpg
    20 KB · Views: 1,994
  • 3CX (4).jpg
    3CX (4).jpg
    23 KB · Views: 1,980
Last edited:

diggerdave1958

Nice looking machine you have there, Rally Action, are most of the Backhoe in Australia of the Sideshift type ?? and i do like a 4 in 1 bucket they are very handy. Good luck with the new JCB

daman

Occupation
Nice, them side shift hoes come in handy for sure.

cat980

COPPA
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
thats a nice looking machine for its age good luck and hope to see some pics of it in action soon

Rally_Action

Guys,

Thanks for the replies.
DiggerDave, from what I've seen here in WA, most backhoes are sideshift. Some of the older machines about are centre mount, however it doesn't seem that common.
I wonder whether Sideshift is the prefferred option for manufacturers here due to our road authorities? One benefit is the reduced rear overhang on a side shift when roading the machine, versus a centre mount.

As soon as we have a leaky water pump sorted, we'll be putting the machine to good use. I'll post some working pics soon.

Karl

diggerdave1958

Hey, Karl. Yea the only sideshift backhoes i know of around here are run by the local DPW, they seem to like them alot. and you have A/C in your new machine the only way i can get A/C is with all my window open and doing like 25 mph lol