• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pics of new Cat D7E.

Matt McGowan

Here are some pics of the new Cat D7E electric drive dozer from Conexpo. From what I understand they haven't set a price on it yet and production is probably a year away. They do claim some big advatages with this dozer though, like 20% better fuel efficiency and 25% more productivity.

One interesting thing I saw happen, while waiting in line, an Asian gentleman got in the cab and started taking pictures. Not all that unusual in itself but he had and exhibitor name badge. Upon seeing this the Caterpiller guy politely and firmly booted him out. He stated something to the effect that they have paying customers that are interested in their dozer and if he would like to come back later, when they aren't busy, he'll be happy to answer any questions then.

Attachments

• IMG_0055.jpg
    IMG_0055.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 4,204
  • IMG_0166.jpg
    IMG_0166.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 3,794
  • IMG_0167.jpg
    IMG_0167.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 3,633
  • IMG_0168.jpg
    IMG_0168.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 3,657

Matt McGowan

More pics of D7E. v2.0

Okay, let's try this again.

Here are some more pics of the D7E. These are mostly of the engine, generator, drive motors and switch gear.

Attachments

• IMG_0161.jpg
    IMG_0161.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 3,588
  • IMG_0160.jpg
    IMG_0160.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 3,622
  • IMG_0159.jpg
    IMG_0159.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 3,818
  • IMG_0162.jpg
    IMG_0162.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 3,726
  • IMG_0163.jpg
    IMG_0163.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 3,569

skata

yeah, i seen some asian guy photographing the hell out of a large hyundai excavator.
he must work for IHI or sunwang or one of those other copycat companies.

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
Did anyone notice in the engine pics that there isn't any starter ! If it is like hybrid cars they don't have to have a starter.

dayexco

One interesting thing I saw happen, while waiting in line, an Asian gentleman got in the cab and started taking pictures. Not all that unusual in itself but he had and exhibitor name badge. Upon seeing this the Caterpiller guy politely and firmly booted him out. He stated something to the effect that they have paying customers that are interested in their dozer and if he would like to come back later, when they aren't busy, he'll be happy to answer any questions then.

saw the same thing happen at the deere 544k loader. my son was in line to get in the cab, deere rep ran the asian guy out. son saw the asian guy put a marble back in his pocket he had laying on the dash, and put his notepad/camera in his backpack and left.

DPete

Did anyone notice in the engine pics that there isn't any starter ! If it is like hybrid cars they don't have to have a starter.
I guess just spin the generator to start. I wonder if the power converter stores enough juice to start so extra batteries are not needed. Things are sure changing, glad to see it :)

Tigerotor77W

Occupation
Engineer
Good. The Cat guys are proactively trying to stop people from stealing this design... funny that they didn't stop me. :D

raolela

Occupation
sell used construction machines
Really very good pictures, and see CAT D7E is good bulldozer///////////////

71tax2

2011, My company is looking a D7 sized dozer. I am real interested in the D7E too. THis will be a nice change for us, all we are D11R/T and D10R/t sized dozers. What may be helpful to my company, it the fact that we already have a full compliment of electricans that maintain our four draglines and plant facilities They will be really interested in this machine too.