• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Photo Resizer

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
A common complaint or problem here at Heavy Equipment Forums has been photo resizing for posting. Well, we've been listening! Thanks to ez1networks, we've been able to install a automatic photo resizing program to the Board. It is no longer necessary to resize your photos, just browse your files and click on the picture you'd like to post and it will upload automatically at the proper size.

This program works with most photo formats with the exception of bitmap, or .bmp. This is pretty much an antiquated format so it shouldn't be much of a problem, bitmap pictures will have to be converted to .jpg before the resizer will work.

There also may be a rare case where an extremely large photo will not resize, the program will attempt to resize 3 times then give you an error message. If this happens you will have to resize with your own programming as before.

Thanks again to ez1networks for working out the bugs in getting this installed!

Northart

Automatic Photo Resizer ?

Hello Steve,

A Big Thanks for that feature; didn't realize it was installed till I was reading Temu's post under steep slopes.

That sure is a time saver for everyone.

Trying a sample here. Original size 1600 x 1200, 310KB. Resized to, 640x640 , 40 KB . My Mt McKinley view at home, Talkeetna, 11pm 6-4-05.

Works great !

Great work Steve. :)

Attachments

• Talkeetna Midnight.jpg
    Talkeetna Midnight.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 235

Lashlander

Hey there Northart. You need to get over to the other side the river and knock those trees down for a better view!:yup

On edit, maybe thats a lake.

Cletus

Occupation
Operator of Older Equipment, Old Equipment Operato
That resizer takes the worry out of being close!
Here is the view from our cabin in Haines, Alaska

Attachments

• cody & millers in haines 038.jpg
    cody & millers in haines 038.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 231

Northart

Scenic Vista's

Hello Lashlander,

That is the Talkeetna River. The view 30 years ago was great. Now tree's ? are gaining . And people worry about cutting trees. Cottonwood is a worthless softwood timber for building. Rots almost fast as you can cut it , LOL , just joking.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Hi Steve,

The resizer, sure is acting up tonight , so slow, finally give up on it.

Pre sized some and they went OKay.

What was the original resolution and file size? The larger pictures take a little time. The pictures I post are taken in 3072x2304 resolution, at around 4 MB and take around 90 seconds to upload, 3 at a time. Still way faster than manually resizing. I don't know if this is what you were experiencing, just throwing it out there for future reference. :)

Northart

Resizer ?

Hello Countryboy,

I tried several different times, thinking the system was real busy. Nope. I did not time it, but from previous posting , it sure balked. Waited and waited, wouldn't load up. :beatsme

Anyway the Cat D5K LGP original size was 2576 x 1920, 1.04 MB. I manual resized it and it up loaded without any long delay.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Oh ok. Maybe Steve will have an answer for you then.

Boophoenix

That's a sweet feature. For those who want to resize there own or need to for other places I have been using a great little free program for many years called irfanview. It's an image viewer with very nice resizing capabilities if anyone is enterested.