• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Peterbilt 379 Project

Slammed379

I registered it for the 1,000 mile a year exemption. I might put 500 miles a year on this truck.

Bill Betten

What a great documentation of your build! This will help others, it is nice to share :) Do you have a color scheme chosen for cab & frame?

Slammed379

Thank you. The cab and hood will remain that color. Painting the frame, front fenders, rear fenders, roof cap and visor orange.

Hawkeye

Pretty kool truck, what holds your fuel tank covers on ? What will you pull with this truck? Can't wait to see the final paint, love white - orange or white - red combo.

Slammed379

Pretty kool truck, what holds your fuel tank covers on ? What will you pull with this truck? Can't wait to see the final paint, love white - orange or white - red combo.

Thank you. You can use Velcro or double sided tape to hold them down. I don't know if I'm going to use the covers. I think it looks better without them, we'll see. I might get a gooseneck race car trailer and pull my race car with it. I'm mostly building the truck for shows and parades, its something I've always wanted to do, build a custom Peterbilt :D