• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pete Pics

Orchard Ex

Super Moderator
I finally picked up my new Pete 335 today. It was raining this morning so the color shows a little darker that real life.
BTW - Thanks PSDF350 for sending me some rain!
Now I just gotta get the rust off those 10 speed skills, get her lettered up and start bringing in some $moola$!

DSCN0721JPEG of.jpg

DSCN0722JPEG of.jpg

DSCN0723JPEG of.jpg

Jeff D.

Hey,that's a cute little bugger!!

It's like a dumptruck,but smaller.:bouncegri

You know I'm only pullin your foot Orchard.It looks real good.

I just hope you'll be able to get your head through the door,on account of how big it's going to be getting now.:rolleyes:

Can you get a pic of the cab interior?I'm curious as too how it's laid out.

DKinWA

Charter Member
Occupation
Biologist and Contractor
Nice looking truck! You'll have to post some more about it after you've had time to put a few miles on it.

PSDF350

Orchard Ex said:
I finally picked up my new Pete 335 today. It was raining this morning so the color shows a little darker that real life.
BTW - Thanks PSDF350 for sending me some rain!
Now I just gotta get the rust off those 10 speed skills, get her lettered up and start bringing in some $moola$!

View attachment 1463

View attachment 1464

View attachment 1465
No problem. All it took was my left testy to the shamen. But I feel small (no pun intended) price to pay to see the sun for a couple days.

Truck looks nice.

Orchard Ex

Super Moderator
Steve Frazier said:
Very nice!! Refresh us on the specs......
hmmm... 33k GVW, 300hp 860lbs/T Cummins ISC, PacBrake exhaust brake, Eaton 10 spd, locking rear axle, 10 Ox body with elec. tarp/air gate and barn door, 25 ton pintle hook/air lines...
Drives great, power out the wazoo (Understand- I'm coming from a Int.4700 w/T444 - Allison). I've never driven with an exhaust brake - works well - sounds like an air hose is leaking every time you lift off the throttle:)
Here's a funny - Truck came with a backup alarm from Pete. Body came spec'ed w/ a backup alarm too. I meant to say something and forgot about it - just figured I'd get one alarm and pay twice - then argue with Pete later.
Put it in R to leave the lot, BU alarm starts... then I hear another one, different tone and rate of beeps. Start to look around, nobody near so I go on. Get home, go to back into the shop area. Same thing but now I know there is no one else around... Hits me that I didn't get cheated on paying for 2 BU alarms!!!:pointhead

Orchard Ex

Super Moderator
Jeff D. said:
Hey,that's a cute little bugger!!

It's like a dumptruck,but smaller.:bouncegri

I told you it was raining - It started as a 500hp Tri/A and shrunk.

Jeff D. said:
I just hope you'll be able to get your head through the door,on account of how big it's going to be getting now.:rolleyes:
Luckily the Pete has big doors!:thumbsup Or maybe I'll leave my head out in the rain too:notworthy
Jeff D. said:
I'll take some more tomorrow. My wife took those as I was signing away my future in the sales orifice.

cat320

Charter Member
good luck with that new Pete they really are so nice inside and out plus you never have to worry about a rusty cab. I hope you have it booked for some work what's it like $1,500 a month?

itsgottobegreen

Orchard Ex said:
hmmm
Put it in R to leave the lot, BU alarm starts... then I hear another one, different tone and rate of beeps. Start to look around, nobody near so I go on. Get home, go to back into the shop area. Same thing but now I know there is no one else around... Hits me that I didn't get cheated on paying for 2 BU alarms!!!:pointhead

Well at least OSHA will never get on your @ss about not having one. :yup You wanted to make sure you would not back over anyone with it. :thumbsup

crash935

Occupation
Co-Owner of Lakeland Transportation
Thats one nice looking truck, almost be a shame to put it to work, just want to drive around all day and look good...

Jeff D.

Orchard Ex said:
I told you it was raining - It started as a 500hp Tri/A and shrunk.

Take the payment book,and put that in the rain too!!But be careful,it still needs to be big enough that the payment coupon would be visible in the envelope when you mail payments into Pete.They might think the envelopes empty if it's too small,and not credit your account.

But I imagine they're making them plastic coated,for just that reason.:rolleyes:

RyanCKing

Nice rig!!!!
Just curious why you chose the Pete over other makes? Petes are by far my favorite trucks but many operators have trouble justifying the extra purchase cost.

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
Rolling around in the dirt
You probably could have got a slightly longer wheelbase truck and run a 12' box on it. Those heavy single axles can pack a decent load on them the single axle Western Stars we used to use were tandem axle trucks chopped down. They had the full 4900 series cab on them with M-11 power 9spd had to watch out the JAKE would lock up the wheels used to put 8 yards into them they had 12' box.

That Pete looks good I like the color you better get your hands on the aftermarket book for Pete trucks they have all kinds of chrome goodies. Some o/ops I know have Petes the first thing they did was order the add ons the one guy spent 14 grand on extras :eek:

You better keep some wiping rags and cleaner in the cab and keep things buffed up you have joined the Peterbilt cult :laugh

Orchard Ex

Super Moderator
Jeff D. said:
And a couple extras:
Curbside in the sunshine:
DSCN0726 (Small).JPG

Dash layout:
DSCN0729 (Small).JPG

Another:
DSCN0732 (Small).JPG

"Petewear" included!
DSCN0730 (Small).JPG

This is me doing my best "Jeff D in a Pete" impression... Seat is on the floor, knees are in the dash, Hat pulled down for "attitude" (Just messin' with ya buddy, hope your trucks home soon!:thumbsup ) :cool:
DSCN0734 (Small).JPG

Orchard Ex

Super Moderator
Ford LT-9000 said:
You probably could have got a slightly longer wheelbase truck and run a 12' box on it.
I thought about getting the 12' and adding a tag axle at a later date, but right now I need the maneuverability of the short WB. I'll just have to add a lot of sideboards for the big loads.:thumbsup
Ford LT-9000 said:
Some o/ops I know have Petes the first thing they did was order the add ons the one guy spent 14 grand on extras :eek:
The showroom was full of stuff too. Luckily I'm a "understated" kinda guy so I won't need too many add-ons. But hey, a dozen led light kits never hurt anybody right?:yup
FWIW - The book of color chips was at least an inch thick, about 5 pages of blue's. They were delivering a 379EXH tractor in ?Dusty Grey? (light metallic grey with a little tint of green in the sun) while I was there. Really pretty. Owner and sign guy were picking lettering colors. It was that man's 4th or 5th new Pete this year! :notworthy
Ford LT-9000 said:
...you have joined the Peterbilt cult :laugh
As long as they don't have any of those crazy initiation rights...:eek: