• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

$ per hour

rino1494

200ex $145

hammer(200) $175

How can you run a 200 size hoe with a hammer for only $30 more. My per hr price for a 200 is lower than yours, yet I get $200/hr for a hammer. I wish you lived closer, I would sub out my hammer work to you.

tylermckee

Do you guys with hammers get your bits sharpened? He have a place that does it, usually can do it 1-2 times before its too short. Makes a huge difference having a somewhat sharp bit.

icex

I usualy charge $125 - $250 for the job. Depends on who I'm doing it for and how long. I usualy dont have to travel very far, within a 10 mile radius.

coopers

Like Cascadescraper said,

About 85-90 for a mini, 120-130 for 120's-160's, about 90 also for a 580 backhoe and around that for a dozer, maybe a tad higher.

Bobcatdaddy

Hi guys im new and just tryin to post 3 times to be a member!! Everyone acts like u are charging so much but with fuel almost 4 dollars a gallon and all the other overhead its har to make it!! I run on a tight budget and im young and just been doin this for myself for about 2 1/2 years and i have alot to learn about bidding work and getting work unless u start out knowing everyone it takes forever to get ur name out, anyone have any suggestions on the most effective ways to get work!! I always try my hardest and if i think i did a bad job or someone isnt satisfied i cant sleep and i know i have alot to learn about everything and i try to apply myself and learn new things evryday!!

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums Bobcatdaddy! :drinkup

bonanno23

Occupation
union drainage foreman, also own a full time lands
Im also just getting started. I've worked for a huge company for a long time and have been doing side work for years. Just recently I bought my own machines and trucks. I would do a little advertising in local papers/magazines, but more importantly, I would contact as many builders or other contracters as you can. the more people you know in the business the better

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Im also just getting started. I've worked for a huge company for a long time and have been doing side work for years. Just recently I bought my own machines and trucks. I would do a little advertising in local papers/magazines, but more importantly, I would contact as many builders or other contracters as you can. the more people you know in the business the better

A lot of truth in that. You have to be accessible to the private sector, but making contacts with the General Contractors and builders is hugely important also. The GC and builders will give you a more steady work load. It may not be as lucrative but steady.

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
410G---$105 hr
450D dozer--$100 hr.
Time starts the minute I leave my shop till when I get back.I don't have any idea why any contractor would charge differently.Going out on an hourly basis should be considered no different than a rental company's policy except the rig is now being manned.My time is valuable--I don't give it away.

ASPHALT04

Occupation
Owner / Doing whatever it takes to pay the bills!
Bobcatdaddy, For just starting out......the newspaper will give you the most bang for the buck! I found that the "free newspapers" brought me about 65% of my work load last year. The purchased newspaper had no where near the return; however my "nicht" is all the small and unwanted work that the large contractors in my area do not want.

CaT1029

new york

i am just looking into starting out on my own and was curious to know if there is anyone near the western new york area that has rates on any similar machines/ tools:
5 ton mini ex
7x14ft dump trailer
4 ft foundation wall panels
laser transit
01 ram 2500 cummins

like i said, im just starting to look into going out on my own and i am curious to see what people are getting for their equipment

humboldt deere

Occupation
general building and engineering contractor
Unless you are using the dodge and the trailer together the truck payment is just overhead, same with small tools and material. Nobodys gonna ask for a price for workers without tools and transportation.;)

BIGDAN315

Occupation
Self employed in the excavating buis and have been
i am just looking into starting out on my own and was curious to know if there is anyone near the western new york area that has rates on any similar machines/ tools:
5 ton mini ex
7x14ft dump trailer
4 ft foundation wall panels
laser transit
01 ram 2500 cummins

like i said, im just starting to look into going out on my own and i am curious to see what people are getting for their equipment

Central New York area here. MY min. charge for any equipment I have is about $ 200.00 That would be for a 580 hoe ,5 ton mini, 450 dozer, 60 hp skid steer.$ 65 an hour for all three. I might be a little low for my area though.

jkiser96

Occupation
Concrete truck driver / business owner
I put an ad on Craigslist and have had a great response. I have picked up 6 jobs with 4 others waiting on money to come in, but it is free to list on there & you can pick where you are.:drinkup