• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

PC200LC-8 swing bearing seal.

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
Blew a final drive hose today and had to get into the swivel couple area. Noticed the inner swing bearing seal had come out. That’s what I’m calling it. Never seen one before any way it’s totally not in place. There’s not much grease at all coming out. I’m hoping it hasn’t caused an issue. I’m sure it would have to be cleaned really well. Or maybe replaced before it can be put back in place. Can it be put back in place. Or how to we go about fixing this. Thanks

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
If is the swing bearing seal like on Hitachi machines it can be glues in with super glue .But the surface will need to be cleaned real good so glue will stick. I think I have a book on . John C might have some good insight on this one.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
This is not uncommon often a result of over greasing of the bearing, I suggest when you reinstate the seal use a teflon tool like for cake mix, a screwdriver may scratch the surface and make the problem worse.
Kind regards
Uffex

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I don't think I've ever seen an inner seal much less one blown out. Is it a rubber seal? At any rate uffex is correct on over greasing the bearing. It only needs to be greased at engine oil changes. Only two or three pumps in each fitting and then swing the house a couple of revolutions in each direction. Then a couple more pumps and swing again.