• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

PC 130-6 FINAL DRIVE

red-diesel

Hi all. I've been asked to rebuild a high dash final drive in a 130 - 6. Not built a high dash before but I'm willing to
have a go I know there are timing marks somewhere. I wonder if anyone has any writeups you can send me thanks
Oh I did not strip it down! TIA

rocknrabbit

I have a couple of pages describing the Hydash, from an 80's model Kato service manual, that show the timing marks and the installing position, perhaps still has some relevance to your model? Unfortunately, I don't know how to put the scans on here, apparently too large

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Since Hydash makes more than one type of final drive, you might have to pull the cover, take a photo of the guts and post it here so we know what you have. Some units are planetary gearing while some used a walking pin set up. I don't recall any of the geared units made by Hydash needing to be timed but I could be wrong. If you have the pin type, I would probably be looking for another unit. A have a paper back service manual and might be able to provide some knowledge depending on what you have.

red-diesel

thanks it will be Tuesday or Wednesday when I'll be able to photo. Will send asap red diesel

Hey mate some of those hydash ones do have timing marks, if you pull the cover look for them on the gears, I think generally they all pointed to 12 o'clock , would need to confirm but