• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Parts Shortage

Bluox

Today I bought up the last Wabco brake pads available in the NW and else where. Zero in any DC's out here.
Only a few on the east coast. Air filters {Power Core} I bought the last five available, 1100 filters in De Moines which
are being allocated to the huge outfits. With all the freight added to the parts orders cost of operating is getting
steep real fast. Plus the price sky rocketing on parts period. Everyday I spend X amount of time on the phone
sourcing parts. If I find it I buy everyone I can get, And every parts department call it's the same story {zero}.
Went by the local NAPA today and they have some truck disc pads on sale .which means their about everyone else regular price.
I have no idea if its the ones you are looking for.
Bob

Truck Shop

The Wabco air disc brakes we have are Maxx22T's-I did find 14 sets of 640-322-934-2 OEM Wabco pads in Michigan. Haldex does make them
but there are none to be had in DC's or stores.

But thanks for Checking-Bob.

Bluox

The Wabco air disc brakes we have are Maxx22T's-I did find 14 sets of 640-322-934-2 OEM Wabco pads in Michigan. Haldex does make them
but there are none to be had in DC's or stores.

But thanks for Checking-Bob.
your welcome
I was waiting at the counter for the parts thing to find my order and read the sale paper and noticed they had truck brake pads on sale.
Bob

terex herder

Parts guys at Deere dealer are telling customers not to drain the oil until you have the replacement filter in hand. It seems its the glue for the ends of the paper element that is in short supply.

suladas

I'd be curious how many parts the supply has dropped causing the problem, or if it's more demand is up causing the shortage, and only getting worse from people thinking there is a shortage and hoarding stuff. Haven't found anything I needed that I can't, other then a Hilti cut off saw I was considering, just lots of stuff like wood and steel going stupid in price. Coupler for mini hoe jumped from feb to june by 20%.

suladas

Parts guys at Deere dealer are telling customers not to drain the oil until you have the replacement filter in hand. It seems its the glue for the ends of the paper element that is in short supply.

In fairness, that is common sense at ANY point. I have never nor would I ever pull a filter without having a replacement in hand.

mekanik

We have two P+D trucks and a telephone company truck sitting in the yard waiting for parts. One is an International that's been
sitting for two weeks with an ISB that needs a turbo actuator. There is non to be had. A Freightliner
M2 with an ISB that needs an exhaust manifold that is on back-order for a couple weeks now.
A Kenworth K300 showed up yesterday with the hydraulic line from the steering gear to the brake
booster leaking at the crimp. Not something a hydraulic shop can make and none to be had anywhere.

Last edited:

Truck Shop

Cast brake drums went from $92.00 to $140.00.

DOT will have plenty to do, junk reused drums/brake components will be common.

63 caveman

I've had to do some creative repairs on stuff that I couldn't get a ship date on parts.

@ TS see if you can repair the DEF pumps, nothing to loose by taking them apart, I've had to jury rig some "non serviceable components" lately.

Truck Shop

The DEF pimps are non serviceable. I tried that route, the other problem is so many updates to that
part number. Plus most all of ours are on warranty.

Truck Shop

Then what you have is a bunch of rat picked trucks, and the problem with that is labor to remove then install,
plus labor for installation on the rat picked truck. Plus with some of the connections you don't want to remove
items more than needed because the connections become loose or brittle. Better off to wait it out, because
some parts are not compatible even on ones built a year apart.

suladas

Trailer needed a brake shoe wasn't worn much at all but coming apart, none in stock had to get it re-lined done in a few hours at least. New would be better but no choice, who's going to let a trailer sit for a dahm shoe?

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
Def pumps. We have two setting waiting for Def pumps, on back order. like everything else.
I just delivered back to the owner one of two new New Holland skid steer loaders with defective DEF pumps today. Hauled them in last week. One had a cracked pump, the other won't cease dosing the engine. I don't know which I delivered today as they are the same series units.

No problem getting the pumps through CNH.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Spoke to a old hand I worked with years ago last weekend, he works for a RV dealer now, they are given coding to Bypass ECM sensor inputs and how to defeat DPF systems by the Engine Mfr's to "Get a RV'r back home when experience a Road Failure and no parts". Wonder how many will actually get these restored to functional after do get home? He was amazed EPA was not IN their shop throwing fines but NADA so far.