• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

panel control

mtb345

Occupation
heavey equipment operator
every time i run an excavator i put the dig mode on heavy duty. to control the speed i use the dial is this good or bad

Wulf

mtb345... my opinion is that its better to use the power and function modes and leave the throttle dial alone unless you really need to slow things down for a delicate operation.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I think I was on another thread about this not long ago but I don't remember where it was. Maybe someone here can bring it back up.

It doesn't hurt a thing to run the engine at any speed you want. The computer in the machine will adjust pump output so as to maximize effeciency at any speed you set the engine at.

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Operating Engineer/mechanic
What ever happened to the good ol' days where you just opened up the throttle and used the controls to control the machine?
There were no optional fine grade/speed/lifting/or whatever buttons.
It took operator skill.....which I guess is what all the extra buttons and switches try to make up for.
I'll still take my Cat 245 over any other excavator.
:cool:

Attachments

• IMGP0073.JPG
    IMGP0073.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 329
  • IMGP0191.JPG
    IMGP0191.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 332
  • IMGP0036.JPG
    IMGP0036.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 326

tylermckee

I just put it in the fastest mode and put the throttle to 100%. If you need to control the speed just dont yank on your controls so hard.

newjcb123uk

CAT Back to basics!

Just goes to show that simple things work the best - Just bought a new Cat 312CL which replaced a 312BL the new machine simply does not have any "computer options" like the B. Simple reason - too much to go wrong (and the problems we had with the B were so frustrating:Banghead ). It's great to just start the machine and not worry if you're using the correct digging mode or not. back to basics!:)

Last edited:

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Operating Engineer/mechanic
Just goes to show that simple things work the best - Just bought a new Cat 312CL which replaced a 312BL the new machine simply does not have any "computer options" like the B. Simple reason - too much to go wrong (and the problems we had with the B were so frustrating:Banghead ). It's great to just start the machine and not worry if you're using the correct digging mode or not. back to basics!:)

So true....
And welcome aboard...
:cool:

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to HEF cjmclaughlin@bt! :drinkup