• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pacific trucks in the logging industy

cw4Bray

Those trucks look so cool and bring back fond childhood memories of the local mountains, but my ears are ringing with Tinnitus - just thinking about all the time some of you guys spent operating those "buzzin dozen" engines.
I might have seen a number of Pacific tractors in Kuwait / SW asia, in the last few years.

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Kim, always like it when you make it over here and hit the spots I never make it to.
Sorry I missed you at the show.
Thanks Greatwestcam. Sadly I must say that many of the spots I have visit earlier on my trips this year there were no logging activity left.
I am sorry as well - I did not know you attended the show.

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Kim, do you by any chance know the serial number of the wrecked P500?
Sorry Scott I did not open the cab. I must at the begining of my holiday I opened a few doors of Hayes and Pacific trucks but no plates so somehow I forgot - Sorry.
I got serial Numbers of 2 trailers - I will post them later on.

skadill

Hi is it still available for sale please let me know

mkp-s@hotmail.com
Sorry, but probably nobody is going to find you a truck to buy, or parts here. Most info posted here is about sharing, telling, showing and appreciating the gear. The rest is helping people that are passionate about this stuff,and helping with hard to get info they may need. Your approach is real harsh, jumping in and near demanding info to be given to you to serve your immediate want or need. It will be received the same as if someone invited you over for dinner for the first time, and you asked for 'more this' and for 'more that', or that you prefer your meal in a different style. Be a bit appreciative of the years of experience, the wealth of knowledge, and the people who aren't paid a penny to capture and share this gold, that willingly share for free with others. Please don't crawl up and down them shaking their tree to get something for yourself so you can quickly leave and get on with your next pressing thing in life.

Welder Dave

That seems a little harsh to me. Nothing wrong with asking if it's still for sale. Wanting to be directly notified might be stretching it a bit but I think depending on which member of the forum asked wouldn't be considered out of line or inappropriate at all. He might be really interested in buying it.

skadill

That seems a little harsh to me. Nothing wrong with asking if it's still for sale. Wanting to be directly notified might be stretching it a bit but I think depending on which member of the forum asked wouldn't be considered out of line or inappropriate at all. He might be really interested in buying it.
It wasnt till the third post from him that i had anything to say about it. I don't beak off much, just share photos here, but he came on strong and direct

Welder Dave

I didn't see his other posts so maybe was just somebody fishing for something, not sure what though. I think back to when another member was legitimately looking for a heavy spec. truck is the reason for my initial post. Nowaday's you never really know what's legit and what isn't.

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
You guys need to take the rose colored glasses off, that guy is a scammer plain and simple. He just joined here and all of his posts are looking to buy something in these different threads? Come on you guys gotta be smarter than that!

scottympm

I agree this appears to be a questionable post. If this person was serious as a buyer, all they would have to do is zoom in on the photo and the phone numbers of the seller are clearly visible in the window. Then it’s pretty easy to pick up the phone and call them. Just sayin’.

Scott