• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pacific trucks in the logging industy

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
The water tank & fuel tanks have been switch to make a little more room to load trailer on deck of truck . Anything can be made to work , but I'm thinking that set up could be rather fragile , setting it up on a level parking lot would be one thing , but we all know that a landing out at a loading side could be less than perfect . Probably being loaded by a Frontend loader , lots of mud & wheel ruts . I've spent a lot of time on preloader's , swapped a lot of trailer's , but something tells me I was fortunate that I was not involved with that one . Looks like the turn table has been swapped for a 5th wheel for lowbed use .

DBDLS

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
IMG_3428.JPG
Destination is Chetwynd Heard that the other day So might have changed by now. And yes ,all the stuff from Parksville has been relocated to Courtenay, Up at the old Camp/Shop yard of Crown Z's. Use to be at the "Y" on the road to Mt Washington. When heading north on the new highway right where the bridge over it says Comox Logging road ,that is where they are just to the right , But you have to access it from the back way

HDX: Here is a picture of your fleet in Courtenay. Bit of a challenge to find them though. Got the location and route now.

HDX

DBDLS Have to go up and look at a lowbed up there this morning. Got a Wish List of the truck's wanted ,But god only know's what will happen. Bid was made for H14 and H119 and the lowbed, As well as the 7230 Long Pole log loader L32....Bid was declined. This was the ex Long boom that you checked out. All are still sitting in Sarita awaiting a barge at the end of the month, Three grapple yarder's and the L32. Man, All this stuff is through the roof pricey now. It is no wonder that everybody is having a tough time trying to assemble some sort of a logging plan. Industry does not want any old timers around so they got rid of any equipment that would require talent to run like the big line loaders and the old Madill grapple yarders. Old and Big is out, Small and fast easy move is in. NEW DAY IN THE FOREST I am told.

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
I really like this video..not so much because its a P-16 but the sound,the sight and the massive load...It impresses me..
Now...It is a P-16 so I had the file pulled on it..M&B Queen Charlottes.Truck was delivered Jan 22/81.Truck has a Big KTA 600 with a Allison and BD 91's..

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
Just heard from a friend that there is a P 16 in Quesnel, Hope to get pictures for Sunday or Monday morning. Got me thinking could it be the Schmeider Pacific in topic 161 top of page???

Woodsey

Occupation
Driver
I have been going through some old photos. These are the only ones of me driving a Pacific. 400 big cam with a 5 & 4. 8 ton picker. Northwest Territories 1986. In the giant forest.Scan_20171127 (15).png Scan_20171127 (14).png On some frozen muskeg slop. Yee haw!

Hank R

Occupation
Just received these pictures from a P 16 in a yard in Quesnel, when my friend comes home in 3 weeks he hopes the shop and yard are open for more information. I knew pictures are not the greatest but better than none.108.jpg 108.jpg 109.jpg 110.jpg

Doug1966

Occupation
Woodworker
Hi did a little investigating myself on this, grew up in Quesnel so still have some contacts up there. Here's a couple shots of the truck when it first arrived up. May help the local expert identify. Grant McCloud is present owner.
upload_2017-12-5_7-16-12.jpeg
upload_2017-12-5_7-16-31.jpeg

Hank R

Occupation
Thanks for the information Doug, Grant McCloud has a couple ex Allied concrete twin steer Pacific trucks as well . If I remember he bought 1 or 2 from Glacier concrete a year or so ago .

Just heard from Bruce (post 1355) and he has sold his Tandem Steer Pacific (Allied's # 107) is going to Quesnel to Cloud Transport, they plan on Mounting a Stone Slinger on this one. They already have Allieds #119 Pacific with a crane on it. Now I am waiting for pictures of the Crane on it.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016

Last edited:

64Pacific

Took some photos of the Cloud Transport trucks last fall, they're on the Pacific website, check the updates page.

Hank R

Occupation
Your right we have 3 to 4 in of wet heavy snow and still coming down a snow blower day for sure. You guys getting snow for Christmas also??

Hank R

Occupation
This P 510 F was in Quesnel also this week I received from Rick. after hearing from our Pacific expert Cory..Yes..looks like early F series.International cab era..Some ones twin steer conversion on it...Interesting and nice to see it on the road.. So I am guessing mid 70's
114.jpg 115.jpg