• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pacific trucks in the logging industy

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
The very first tandem steer trucks we did were conversions on some steel front end trucks for Dow (don't remember the second part of the name) in the US.They ordered 26 trucks all a little bit different.They sent back a few of them and we installed New Way (I believe that to be it) suspension in the front and did the complete conversion.I did work on those trucks.
The first production tandem steer was for Duke transport.Totally different approach from the engineers.They bought quite a few trucks..I remember very well doing the steering system and linkage..Pretty sure I did the majority of the assembly on this truck.
I was proud enough at the time to have my picture taken with the truck.Picture is in a frame in my office/library.pacific0013.JPG

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
I received from my contact in New Zealand this morning. A old ex KLC Pacific Thanks Mike79.jpg
Taken at a small truck show back in October 2007, I think the Pacific was a running but not able to be driven on the road, they had just unloaded it off a lowboy.
Hopefully its still out there somewhere getting restored.

Last edited:

diamondtguy

Occupation
Looking for some pics today and found these pics in the wrong album.Taken with a typical teenagers camera in the late 70"s.We must have been very busy as cabs sitting on pallets was not the norm.They usually stayed on a cab dolley till install.

IMG.jpg IMG_0001.jpg IMG_0002.jpg

ATCme

Can someone make this picture slightly brighter? My damn iphone didn't capture what i wanted when i visited my site on new years.

Attachments

• p(.JPG
    p(.JPG
    1,000.7 KB · Views: 34

Hank R

Occupation
Can you give me the # of the picture it is the # beside the Quote and Like, and I will see if I can do it for you.
Can someone make this picture slightly brighter? My damn iphone didn't capture what i wanted when i visited my site on new years.

Hank R

Occupation
I need to know the # of the picture as it is black do not know what you were looking at. or else page # and which truck etc.

Hank R

Occupation
I received these pictures of a P510F ?? that my friend Mike found near Gisborne New Zealand while on Vacation.

Attachments

• 80.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 12
  • 81.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 9
  • 82.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 7

diamondtguy

Occupation
A couple more of Hanks pic's.If you look close it appears that Pacific removed the maple leaf from the grille insert and replaced it with a Kiwi bird.A nice touch..They certainly bought a lot of trucks.

NZ Pacific.jpg thumbnail_84.jpg

Hank R

Occupation
The last picture Cory posted is not mine it is borrowed. I am not sure but I think they were P510PF and only 2 that I know off that ended up in New Zealand

ATCme

I need to know the # of the picture as it is black do not know what you were looking at. or else page # and which truck etc.
So confused right now? I'm not quoting any picture i posted my own in that post. am i missing something?

Bumpsteer

Occupation
Mechanical designer
Don't be confused, someone can brighten it up some.....looks like you got a good dumping of snow.

Barely see the equipment......I can download & try tomorrow.

Ed

Hank R

Occupation
I tryed to do some thing with my Photo shop program and it told me the file is to small so I can not help you sorry do you hav bigger image of this photo??

ATCme

That is still way better than what i was getting out of my phone. It was just bad timing on my part. The moon was the brightest i had seen it and it just snowed the night before. I would have gone out the get a better camera but my site is a couple hundred km away from civilization. I can email the original to anyone who wants to try something else, just PM me. If anyone is wondering there is a 1973 P9 rock truck hidden under the snow.