• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pacific trucks in the logging industy

HDX

Blkprince Need some help here. This old girl is currently the downtown fire protection for the community of Zeballos. They are replacing the old bridge in downtown . She is a Preload alright ,But was wondering if this is one of the trucks you were telling me about with the different trailer loading system. There is a ram under the 5th wheel ,but like the earlier truck's No way to load the trailer. There is two pedestals at the bottom of the water tank and two at the top on the back side of the saddle. Could not find a serial number on her. Only identification would be the fact that it is a Tahsis Truck. She would have been bought new by them and the unit number would have remained the same.
IMG_4011.jpg IMG_4012.jpg IMG_4013.jpg

HDX

Other than the shop built front fenders, She is in remarkable shape. Was very impressed by how well she is/was maintained. Could go back hauling anytime. Unit H-42

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
Wow....Interesting..Never seen a dash like that.Guessing the truck is early 70's(???)
I remember building trucks for Tahsis...

HDX

Don't know if Larry can come up with anything on her Cory. Maybe he can track her by her unit number and cross over to customer order (Tahsis)

diamondtguy

Occupation
Larry is currently Kayaking in the Grand Canyon but I can ask.He should be back soon..Pretty sure he told me the only trucks that were traceable by unit number were Mac Blo.
It is certainly worth looking into and I will ask.

dirty4fun

I sure hope someone realizes what is there and gets it to a safe spot and a rebuild before it lands in the scarp yard.

HDX

Jim, I think she is in good hands. She will continue to be a Fire Warden for a while longer.You could tell by the incredible tires she had on her that they care for her. You are right...It is good to see some of them still being used.

dirty4fun

Steve, I know you and many others appreciate these old trucks, I just would like to make it illegal to ever scrap or demolish one of these old trucks. Silly as it might sound when the lottery was so high if I had won I was going to buy up every old truck I could find and have each one returned to new condition. Nothing better than to buy one of the old plants and hire as many of the old workers as there were around to make them new once again.

I did see that the tires looked to be real good condition!

ATCme

Man that would go perfectly with my P9. After this fire season i could use a water truck for our small community in the Kootenays. The Dash looks similar to mine which is an early 1973.

HDX

ATCme The truck itself is 11 feet wide across the rear tires.. God only know's what she is with the tank on the back. Buy the truck, Leave the tank and when you get her home, Just make a new adapt-a-tank. They were just a big tank with baffles in them and not a big dollar piece of equipment, That is till there is a fire and you have 3000-4000gals of water right away. Then they become priceless. All we use is a Wajax or Honda fire pump on top of them. When we had a fire they were the most valuable piece of equipment anywhere. We would at times have two short fire hose's running off the pump and two guy's on top of the tanker while we drove down the road hosing down the road side's. Worked very well.

ATCme

Is it for sale? I didn't see that. I have a tank here just need a truck to haul it. Just be easier if it came with one.

diamondtguy

Occupation
Tried contacting Larry at Pacific truck today regarding searching the early life of H-42 but he is not back till the first of October...I will try him then..