• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pacific trucks in the logging industy

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
I'm not sure of the exact year , but if you go back to "skadill's" posting of the light blue and white #15 of Ron Peter's Trucking is a 1985 Pacific . You will notice that the Grill Bars are vertical . On this Pacific the Grill Bars are horizontal and the Air Cleaner is different than most I've had anything to do with . It's probably from the early 1980's . If I had Dave's phone # I would call him and find out for sure .

64Pacific

Based on the license plate T6-6XXX I would be pretty confident to say that the photo was taken in 1988, the plate was issued sometime during the 3rd quarter of the year, so anytime between July 1st and December 31st. I don't know which truck this one is specifically but it could be anything from a 1975 to an '82 or so...

Here is a good reference for BC license plates: https://www.bcpl8s.ca/Logging.htm

I'm not sure of the exact year , but if you go back to "skadill's" posting of the light blue and white #15 of Ron Peter's Trucking is a 1985 Pacific . You will notice that the Grill Bars are vertical . On this Pacific the Grill Bars are horizontal and the Air Cleaner is different than most I've had anything to do with . It's probably from the early 1980's . If I had Dave's phone # I would call him and find out for sure .

Doug1966

Occupation
Woodworker
Hi, I may be wrong but I'm going to say it is older than 88. It looks like it has the International cab, plus they used that style of air cleaner. The orange BCFP truck that camptramp drove and posted pictures is an 85 with a Pacific cab. They started doing their own cabs again after IH sold them around that time.
Based on the license plate T6-6XXX I would be pretty confident to say that the photo was taken in 1988, the plate was issued sometime during the 3rd quarter of the year, so anytime between July 1st and December 31st. I don't know which truck this one is specifically but it could be anything from a 1975 to an '82 or so...

Here is a good reference for BC license plates: https://www.bcpl8s.ca/Logging.htm

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Hi, I may be wrong but I'm going to say it is older than 88. It looks like it has the International cab, plus they used that style of air cleaner. The orange BCFP truck that camptramp drove and posted pictures is an 85 with a Pacific cab. They started doing their own cabs again after IH sold them around that time.
Scroll up skadills posts . The # 4 a dark blue Pacific was bought new in 1985 by Ken Long , The light blue #15 was bought new in 1985 by Ron Peters . The orange BCFP #6-284 Pacific was bought new by BCFP in 1986 .
I found Dave Scotts phone number and gave him a call . The license plate was from 1988 , The truck was a 1978 Pacific and had been in the Parksville area before Dave owned and worked it in the Sooke area .

Last edited:

skadill

I've no info on most of these pics, as they are from an endless truck photo collection from decades of collecting by a buddy. Just hoping they are enjoyed for the moment by people, instead of just sitting in albums in boxes in a basement. I'm sure some are from online sources,that were printed back to glossy photos. I cant determine that. The Hayes albums are immense, havent got to those here yet.

Attachments

• IMG_7989.JPG
    IMG_7989.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_7990.JPG
    IMG_7990.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:

64Pacific

Scroll up skadills posts . The # 4 a dark blue Pacific was bought new in 1985 by Ken Long , The light blue #15 was bought new in 1985 by Ron Peters . The orange BCFP #6-284 Pacific was bought new by BCFP in 1986 .
I found Dave Scotts phone number and gave him a call . The license plate was from 1988 , The truck was a 1978 Pacific and had been in the Parksville area before Dave owned and worked it in the Sooke area .

Thank you for the update CampTramp, when looking at the photo a thought was that it's (was) a '77 but I had nothing to back up that thought. Does Mr. Scott still have the truck or know where it is? It would be awesome to dig up the serial number of this one and build a bit of a history on it.

Grizzly1

I've no info on most of these pics, as they are from an endless truck photo collection from decades of collecting by a buddy. Just hoping they are enjoyed for the moment by people, instead of just sitting in albums in boxes in a basement. I'm sure some are from online sources,that were printed back to glossy photos. I cant determine that. The Hayes albums are immense, havent got to those here yet.
All good SKADILL , I’ve seen them on some of your vids