• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pacific trucks in the logging industy

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
How are the machines chained down when they move them or are they?
Behind the "Goose Neck" about one foot above the deck there is a "Lug" welded to the Goose neck centered between the "Rails" . Between the tracks on the track mounted grapple yarders and loaders there is a "Lug" welded in the center between the tracks . A very large "Turn Buckle" with large links on either end of turn buckle for adjustment is Shackled to the lowbed and yarder / loader , then tightened up . That stops the Machine from rolling off end of lowbed if brakes fail . As the deck surface of the lowbed is wooden planks , the machines don't side to either side .

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
I've no info on most of these pics, as they are from an endless truck photo collection from decades of collecting by a buddy. Just hoping they are enjoyed for the moment by people, instead of just sitting in albums in boxes in a basement. I'm sure some are from online sources,that were printed back to glossy photos. I cant determine that. The Hayes albums are immense, havent got to those here yet.
I took the picture of the 2 green P500S selfloader in Summer 2005. I went by the same place last year. It was still there but in very poor shape.