• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

P&H 4100A Pictures

Eric

A while back I told you guys I was running shovels now. Well it became official. Here's a few from the night before last, enjoy.

Attachments

• eclcshovel (Small).jpg
    eclcshovel (Small).jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 4,470
  • eclcshovel2 (Small).jpg
    eclcshovel2 (Small).jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 4,360
  • eclcshovel3 (Small).jpg
    eclcshovel3 (Small).jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 4,087
  • eclcshovel4 (Small).jpg
    eclcshovel4 (Small).jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 3,987
  • eclcshovel5 (Small).jpg
    eclcshovel5 (Small).jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 3,993

Eric

This particular shovel has a 56 yard dipper. Not as big as the ones that were posted from Morenci on another thread. They always get the good stuff and we get whatever is left over. Still, she's a muckin' machine. That truck is a 793B, 265 ton payload.

Attachments

• eclcshovel6 (Small).jpg
    eclcshovel6 (Small).jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 3,973
  • eclcshovel7 (Small).jpg
    eclcshovel7 (Small).jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 3,969

Country

Occupation
Retired High Voltage Overhead Lineman
Awesome!:notworthy
Thanks for posting!:drinkup

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Would love to be able to run it ,but the nose bleeds from being that far from terra feirme will render my un-viable.

Eric

that is big. how many hrs does the 4100 have?

I dont have a clue. The guts have been changed out so many times it's kinda like a blonde who can't remember what color her roots are... nobody knows. I do know that it's one of the older model's, I'm thinking around 1998 or so. Last year the boom split in half so they put on a "new" one.

Eric

WOW Thats impressive !! does one bucket fill the truck ???

Naw, it takes three full dippers with this shovel. At some of the other mines in the area they swing a 70 yard dipper, I said this one was 56 yards but it's actually 54 so we have to work a little harder.

scholzee

Naw, it takes three full dippers with this shovel. At some of the other mines in the area they swing a 70 yard dipper, I said this one was 56 yards but it's actually 54 so we have to work a little harder.

I guess the pictures fooled me looked like an empty truck with bucket above and then the next pic the bucket emptying and truck looks full. Great pictures thanks for the info.

alco

Looks great Eric, I hope to have the same job some day. But for now, I'm stuck staring at the shovels from up above them, or down on the clean up machine.

I know how you feel about getting the left over stuff. Our other mine is the company's spoiled child. They get whatever they want, including our new equipment, and we get what they don't want anymore.

Brian

Eric

Thanks Brian. What do you do in your mine?? What minerals are you mining?? I'm always curious to know what other operations are like.

rotorhead86

Occupation
Surface Coal Mine
At the Mine I'm at, there is a Bucyrus 495. Same size and pass as yours. When I was driving truck I hated the shovel haul, you guys loaded me too fast! That looks like a nice machine Congrats.

Forager41

The scale of the equipment you guys are running today makes me feel like an old fighter pilot of the biplane era looking at a fleet of B-1 Bombers!

During my own era at Chino Mines at Santa Rita, NM (1976-85), our biggest shovels were the 15 Cu. Yd. P&H's and one 17 Yd. B&E. (Our biggest trucks were 165 ton Euclids, and we still had the 150, 100, 90, and 85 ton Unit Rigs in the fleet.)

I can recall sitting in the old Field Office (ie. dispatch control tower) on graveyard shift, and listening respectfully to the wise old veteran Mining Foremen agreeing with each other over stale black coffee that there was really no point in anything bigger than a 10 Cu. Yd. shovel in that mine.

alco

I'm a support equipment operator, mostly dozer and hoe, but pretty much everything else at some point. For example, these day shifts, I was loaned out to the road crew. Today I was on a tiny little D6R filling holes in a road with gravel brought in by 50 tonners. I guess they decided that production wasn't an issue...lol.

As for what we mine, it's black gold! I'm in an oil sand mine.

Brian