1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

P&H 4100A Pictures

Discussion in 'Excavators' started by Eric, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Eric

Eric Senior Member

A while back I told you guys I was running shovels now. Well it became official. Here's a few from the night before last, enjoy.

Attached Files:

2. Eric

Eric Senior Member

This particular shovel has a 56 yard dipper. Not as big as the ones that were posted from Morenci on another thread. They always get the good stuff and we get whatever is left over. Still, she's a muckin' machine. That truck is a 793B, 265 ton payload.

Attached Files:

3. Country

Country Well-Known Member

Retired High Voltage Overhead Lineman
    Awesome!:notworthy
    Thanks for posting!:drinkup

4. D5G

D5G Senior Member

That is one massive machine, very cool!

5. CabbageThe1

CabbageThe1 Well-Known Member

Very nice!! I want one for my sandbox!! :D

6. bigblueox

bigblueox Senior Member

what is strapped to side of the dump body on that truck?

7. stock

stock Senior Member

We have moved on and now were lost....
    Would love to be able to run it ,but the nose bleeds from being that far from terra feirme will render my un-viable.

8. Eric

Eric Senior Member

That is a piece of drisco pipe. It helps deflect spillage. Those tires are around $30K apiece so we try to take good care of them.

9. bigcatpip

bigcatpip Well-Known Member

that is big. how many hrs does the 4100 have?

10. scholzee

scholzee Well-Known Member

WOW Thats impressive !! does one bucket fill the truck ???

11. Eric

Eric Senior Member

I dont have a clue. The guts have been changed out so many times it's kinda like a blonde who can't remember what color her roots are... nobody knows. I do know that it's one of the older model's, I'm thinking around 1998 or so. Last year the boom split in half so they put on a "new" one.

12. Eric

Eric Senior Member

Naw, it takes three full dippers with this shovel. At some of the other mines in the area they swing a 70 yard dipper, I said this one was 56 yards but it's actually 54 so we have to work a little harder.

13. JimBruce42

JimBruce42 Senior Member

operator
    Great pics Eric.. Looks like fun:drinkup

14. scholzee

scholzee Well-Known Member

I guess the pictures fooled me looked like an empty truck with bucket above and then the next pic the bucket emptying and truck looks full. Great pictures thanks for the info.

15. dieseldave

dieseldave Senior Member

Man, that is really cool! Keep the pics coming! If I stop by can I try it out?:confused::eek::lmao

16. alco

alco Senior Member

Looks great Eric, I hope to have the same job some day. But for now, I'm stuck staring at the shovels from up above them, or down on the clean up machine.

I know how you feel about getting the left over stuff. Our other mine is the company's spoiled child. They get whatever they want, including our new equipment, and we get what they don't want anymore.

Brian

17. Eric

Eric Senior Member

Thanks Brian. What do you do in your mine?? What minerals are you mining?? I'm always curious to know what other operations are like.

18. rotorhead86

rotorhead86 Member

Surface Coal Mine
    At the Mine I'm at, there is a Bucyrus 495. Same size and pass as yours. When I was driving truck I hated the shovel haul, you guys loaded me too fast! That looks like a nice machine Congrats.

19. Forager41

Forager41 New Member

The scale of the equipment you guys are running today makes me feel like an old fighter pilot of the biplane era looking at a fleet of B-1 Bombers!

During my own era at Chino Mines at Santa Rita, NM (1976-85), our biggest shovels were the 15 Cu. Yd. P&H's and one 17 Yd. B&E. (Our biggest trucks were 165 ton Euclids, and we still had the 150, 100, 90, and 85 ton Unit Rigs in the fleet.)

I can recall sitting in the old Field Office (ie. dispatch control tower) on graveyard shift, and listening respectfully to the wise old veteran Mining Foremen agreeing with each other over stale black coffee that there was really no point in anything bigger than a 10 Cu. Yd. shovel in that mine.

20. alco

alco Senior Member

I'm a support equipment operator, mostly dozer and hoe, but pretty much everything else at some point. For example, these day shifts, I was loaned out to the road crew. Today I was on a tiny little D6R filling holes in a road with gravel brought in by 50 tonners. I guess they decided that production wasn't an issue...lol.

As for what we mine, it's black gold! I'm in an oil sand mine.

Brian