• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Overload of the Day

ianjoub

430050514_819002160246454_541954953156268832_n.jpg

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
Mrs. B.'s step brother lived in South Freeport Maine, a mile from the harbor. Had a deep keeled sailboat. He only took it out for winter. Too cheap to pay, he'd use a 2 wheel drive Toyota mini pickup for the journey. Without the mast, it must have been 15' or more tall on the crude trailer he had.
Thankfully, there was a crane free for residents to place the boat in water.

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
You guys are in for a treat.

Those silly Canadian fuel haulers are up to their ol’e shenanigans again. How do you total your brand new truck and tanker rig in front of your Alaska corporate headquarters building and not tip over the fresh looking, feather banner flag, complete with phone number and brand?

She hasn’t even racked a load, yet.

How does that even happen? It’s still parked on Van Horn if you want to see it with your own eyes.

IMG_0006.jpeg

Jumbo

Occupation
retired

Those silly Canadian fuel haulers are up to their ol’e shenanigans again. How do you total your brand new truck and tanker rig in front of your Alaska corporate headquarters building and not tip over the fresh looking, feather banner flag, complete with phone number and brand?

How does that even happen? It’s still parked on Van Horn if you want to see it with your own eyes.

View attachment 307991
Interesting how they define in practice "Quality Solutions Delivered."

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
I once was called out to recover a rollover; somebody had managed to barrel roll an old Expedition on a narrow alley less than an hundred yards long in a residential neighborhood. I was standing there with the cop and I said something like "how does a guy manage that"? The cop just shrugged and said "with enough persistence and determination you can accomplish anything".

MG84

View attachment 307991
That looks like the work of a disgruntled employee to me....

Monkeywithawrench

View attachment 307991

It will buff out.........no worries!!LOL

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
Looks like pi$$ed off mother nature. May have been extreme wind gust between those two buildings, bein' mty and all.
It’s been fairly mild, cool, calm and overcast in Squarebanks.

I’m not that familiar with this company. Their main operations are in Whitehorse. They haul mucho fuel to the Canadian Arctic.

Depending on market conditions, they import giant B-Train loads from Haines and pull all the way to the Arctic. Which can transform the tiny burg of Haines, some years, into the leading Alaska gross exporter.

Over the years, I’ve posted stories about my Haines adventures. I haven’t been back to Haines since the tragic landslide of 2020. Still cleaning up that mess.