• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Overload of the Day

Pops52

Occupation
Worn out lowbed driver "retired"
Oops forgot a picture, this is after the wrecker failed and blew a hydraulic ram. Too bad for them it wasn't the day I was driving my excavator down that road, I would have made a few bucks.View attachment 290213
Let’s see, lawn chair, popcorn and a couple cocktails. Nice way to spend the afternoon and do some armchair quarterbacking.

Truck Shop

Here’s a real man’s wrecker. Guaranteed to lift it up, or die trying.
The 850 was great, I operated one years ago, rated at 40 ton-that's 40 ton on full spools. On the
first wrap 48 ton. Holmes rated on full spools. Now the unit that is still highly sought and will
sell in less than 24hrs when one comes up for sale is the 1801. All based on the 850 using the
850 mast and spools.
download.png

Pops52

Occupation
Worn out lowbed driver "retired"
I also operated one of these-the old company I worked for had a Continental unit. Scary what
these could pull, every Continental unit was a animal-built for recovery. Continental didn't come back empty handed.
View attachment 290243
I remember Continental from my old days running into LA. Seemed like they were the only ones there with big trucks. One of their KW cab overs (I think)ended up in Santa Maria, the guy that drove it is a friend of mine.

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
No picture, but . . . 6am, I44 somewhere in Missouri;

Ratty early 2000's Chevy 1500 . . . Flat towing another ratty Chevy 1500 on a towbar . . . With a front wheel drive car flat towing on another towbar behind the first . . .

Cruising along in the hammer lane at 75.

All that's needed is a little rain . . .