• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Overload of the Day

Pops52

Occupation
Worn out lowbed driver "retired"
Our 16 tire groups on our everyday lowbeds are the same. (4) 23K axles with a walking beam type suspension on each side. Murray uses a 3 point system with a ball/socket on the front and rear and a short walking beam in between, independent of the other side.

Truck Shop

independent of the other side.
Yeah his basic line was because each are steerable considered independent of one another.
It was interesting watching him turn it around at T intersection between two buildings.
Done more than once obviously. Plus they were quite the working crew I watched as they unloaded
from rail car to open frame lowboy, over three days.

56wrench

Seeing that load of square bales reminds me of when i was young. I think our highest from field to yard was 13 tiers on an old home-made(not by us) stackmover. There was a bit of an art to placing the bales and a pattern for each tier to ‘tie’ the load together so it could flex without falling apart. Each tier also got progressively smaller than the one underneath it. It was hard enough work to do it once let alone having to redo part of it if it came apart

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
We had bridges along the MO River and still have a select few that were built in the 1920s, 8' lanes, NO edge on the lanes, semi's often busted each other's mirrors passing sides opposite directions. Are currently in that phase to bring them all down and replace. Even our old Interstate bridges were a hazard, built in the 1960s they had ten foot lanes, two way traffic then some Enganear comes up with redesign of Side Guard Rails in Concrete as a split Jersey Barrier and a Fifth lane as a second bridge is built to handle increased traffic flows for opposite direction, down to 9' travel lanes.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Saw this contraption Thursday.

Couldn't get a great pic as I was piloting the "Old Lady" aka L9000 back to port after dropping off the D3 on a job 10 miles away. In the turn lane waiting for the light and couldn't get a good angle but ya'll get the idea.

F150 loaded with crap pulling a camper over its ability. Looked alot worse in person.

IMG_5145 (1).jpeg

Pic reminds me I need to get a new fish eye mirror for the drivers side. :rolleyes:

cfherrman

My mom has a 8,000# bumper pull camper, she toasted her trans on a Chevy(was leaking). She decided to get a new pickup and was told to get a 3/4 ton.

I asked her how much she was going to drive the camper, which was not very much. So I told her which do you want, drive the camper 45-55 mph on a 1/2 ton several times a year or drive a 3/4 ton empty all year.

She got a 2013 f150, and moves the camper just fine, all though the camper does push that truck around.