• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Overload of the Day

Tarhe Driver

Occupation
Comm. Real Est Appraiser-Retired cargo/helo pilot

skyking1

Truck Shop

Intermediate shafts were removed, except for the dump. Too hard to get to with Hendrickson
suspension so front input was removed. I know a guy that drove for Dallas Mavis, he had a
a stack of new RL Macks come loose on Donner Pass years ago, totaled three all at once.
The axle saddle on the pull tractor broke. That's back when RL's were still built in California.

Syleng1

Occupation
Welder- farmer
I live on a very steep hill in CT same road as Richie Brothers auctions. The equipment being towed with “professional haulers” is sickening.
I see plenty of 4500/450 5500/550 gooseneck with now 30-40ft trailers towing WAY more than they should. Now I’m seeing 2500/250 pickups with airbags and goosenecks and same thing. Drivers don’t speak English. And they either get to my driveway and breakdown or the other way and are broke down all with plates from 1/2 a country away. Amazing what qualifies for “under CDL.”

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I need to find my photos of our Oshkosh/Goldhofer setups from Angola back in the day. They were used for moving everything but the motor scrapers from our topsoil removal fleets fleets.

Those boys would regularly put two D9G/H tractors on one trailer, although to be fair they only had cushion blades and push blocks rather than full-size blades and rippers. Then they wondered why they had so many tyre problems.....!!

Syleng1

Occupation
Welder- farmer
Lol! Now a days 650hp and double ceramic disk clutches are the norm. Back then you were lucky to have 250 HP and a couple of back to back 4 speeds and a single dish clutch. Those boys got it done. Terrain also helps. Driving across flat ground is way easier then lugging up hillside fully loaded.